Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Cover Stuck - Bent Connectors

Reaction score
Ever since I got the Inspire it was always tricky to get the **** gimbal cover mounted on. It never seemed to fit quite right, theoretically I figured I would slide the gimbal to the unlock position, put the cover on, and then lock it. There is no white line on the cover that tells you what to align it with. My camera cover doesn't really stay snug on the camera either.

I don't love assembling it before every flight so I have been driving around with it fully assembled and the gimbal attached. Last night I decided to disassemble it all the way. Today I was setting it up before a flight and the gimbal cover seemed to be pretty stuck on there. I finally got it off by twisting it kinda hard but now the camera and gimbal don't work at all. I take a look at the gimbal and now it looks like two of the metal prongs are bent. I'm guessing they're not supposed to look like this? The two edge ones on the bottom in the attached image. Now I'm worried I'm going to be without an inspire for 4 weeks all because this plastic piece of crap cover wouldn't come off. UGH!

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    571.1 KB · Views: 92
I tried to re align pins, the camera is working now and I can take off, however all my IMU values are empty and when I calibrate they are still empty. Maybe there's interference because I'm inside around metal, will have to try outside tomorrow.

Ever since I got the Inspire it was always tricky to get the **** gimbal cover mounted on. It never seemed to fit quite right, theoretically I figured I would slide the gimbal to the unlock position, put the cover on, and then lock it. There is no white line on the cover that tells you what to align it with. My camera cover doesn't really stay snug on the camera either.

I don't love assembling it before every flight so I have been driving around with it fully assembled and the gimbal attached. Last night I decided to disassemble it all the way. Today I was setting it up before a flight and the gimbal cover seemed to be pretty stuck on there. I finally got it off by twisting it kinda hard but now the camera and gimbal don't work at all. I take a look at the gimbal and now it looks like two of the metal prongs are bent. I'm guessing they're not supposed to look like this? The two edge ones on the bottom in the attached image. Now I'm worried I'm going to be without an inspire for 4 weeks all because this plastic piece of crap cover wouldn't come off. UGH!

I agree it's a bit of a fiddle and it only attaches one way (once it's attached and looks good use a white marker pen so you have the trouble again). You must have really twisted hard to do that, WOW. Send it back IMHO, 4wks is better than a having ongoing feedback problems that could occur.

Get a white/silver sharpie and mark where that gimbal cap aligns with the white line on the bird. Makes installing it so much easier, just line them up as you do the gimbal.

Maybe I missing something but both craft and gimbal have this mark. You link up the line in unlock and then lock it down. It's really that simple.

Maybe I missing something but both craft and gimbal have this mark. You link up the line in unlock and then lock it down. It's really that simple.
I think he's having trouble with the plastic cover that covers the pins on the aircraft when not in use.

If you flip it upside down and really look at the whole locking mechanism you will see how it works you kinda have to twist it it helped me to understand how to put it on correctly

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I have the same problem - I know this is a very old thread; but just in case - Did you resolve the problems by bending the pins back into place?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth