Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Movement Issues when using Litichi Points of Interest

Reaction score
Working on a job where I need to create a time lapse of a contraction project. I was planning to use Litchi's Waypoints and Orbit, however I have run a few test flights and the gimbal movement is all over the place (jerking up, down, left and right without focusing on the point of interest). Only solution I can find is to manually control the gimbal which isn't ideal given the positioning will be slightly different between each shoot. Has anyone else seen this issue? Thoughts on how to resolve?

In the waypoints, I have created a single point of interest at the center of the construction site. I have multiple waypoints around the front, back and side. I have each waypoint set to focus on POI 1, Gimbal Pitch Mode is set to Focus POI and in the overall mission settings the default gimbal pitch mode is set to Focus POI. Similar thing is happening when doing the orbit.

Maybe you missed that not only a POI have to be set but also to choose which one for every waypoint. Go back trough the individual waypoint's settings and check that out then it should work.

Thanks for the response. I'll go back in and double check that. So if I want all waypoints to look at the POI, I need to have each individual waypoint set to focus on the POI, Gimbal Pitch Mode set to Focus POI AND have the overall settings set to Focus on POI for the mission?

Working on a job where I need to create a time lapse of a contraction project. I was planning to use Litchi's Waypoints and Orbit, however I have run a few test flights and the gimbal movement is all over the place (jerking up, down, left and right without focusing on the point of interest). Only solution I can find is to manually control the gimbal which isn't ideal given the positioning will be slightly different between each shoot. Has anyone else seen this issue? Thoughts on how to resolve?

In the waypoints, I have created a single point of interest at the center of the construction site. I have multiple waypoints around the front, back and side. I have each waypoint set to focus on POI 1, Gimbal Pitch Mode is set to Focus POI and in the overall mission settings the default gimbal pitch mode is set to Focus POI. Similar thing is happening when doing the orbit.
I had the similar problem in the past months and I solved it as the following:

Dear Technical Staff,

Just for a case report, I'd like to inform you that I've solved the problem
by turning AIRCRAFT settings;
from [Gimbal Mode / Free(Inspire)]
to [Gimbal Mode / Yaw Follow] at the Android App.

With kind regards,

Hakan Yavuz
NETART

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd) <[email protected]>, 21 Tem 2020 Sal, 19:38 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Thanks. So in Yaw Follow you are not experiencing any uncontrolled/undesirable gimbal movement when focusing on a POI?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44