Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Going away on holiday for a month, how should I store my battery's?

Yt2

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Going on holidays for a month and the Inspire is not coming. What is the best way to store my battery's without killing them?
Cheers...

Hey thanks guys,
I normally try and store my battery's at around 50%, but was concerned that the automatic discharge feature would continue draining them down down to zero. I see in the battery safety guidelines, that it only discharges down to 65%...
Problem solved, thanks again...

I live part of the year in Hawaii and store my batteries at 3.8v per cell in the fridge set at 40°. I've never had a problem storing batteries under these conditions for as long as a year.

Reactions: The Editor
I live part of the year in Hawaii and store my batteries at 3.8v per cell in the fridge set at 40°. I've never had a problem storing batteries under these conditions for as long as a year.
That's just about PERFECT conditions for long term storage. I do exactly the same (but my wife moans about Lipos in the fridge all the time). Will invest in a small fridge for the garage to stop the ear bashing. :confused:

Reactions: Glen
That's just about PERFECT conditions for long term storage. I do exactly the same (but my wife moans about Lipos in the fridge all the time). Will invest in a small fridge for the garage to stop the ear bashing. :confused:
Yeah...I purchased a small fridge for the garage to hold my batteries...it makes life infinitely easier. :)

So I have all my batteries all charged, and presume its safe just to take them and put them in the fridge for storage.

If you keep them in the fridge for be sure to use a zip-lock bag or something similar. When you pull them from the fridge the container (zip-lock, tupperware, etc...) will allow the batteries to warm up to ambient temp without condensation forming on them.

Reading this thread sent a shiver up my spine... :eek:

I would be real careful about pulling a TB 47/48 battery outta the fridge straight into a steamy humid environment...
The condensation might take out the board on top... :(
Now, if you live somewhere where humidity is not an issue... you can likely get away with it...

I've attached a pic from the autopsy that was done on my bricked TB47...
There IS conformal coating on the circuit board... but it seemed sparse on the bottom side in my mind...
20150603_165820s.jpg

Now the fridge IS great for bare LiPo's with no boards on them...
No argument from me on what is truly the best place to store a bare Lipo...
But with this circuit board in such close proximity to a 6S x 2P heavy pile of LiPo's...
I gotta disagree...
20150603_170515s.JPG

Like ted35 said... At minimum...
I would seal it in a ziploc and warm it up in an dry A/C location before unbagging...

In my mind... 72F A/C is fine for up to a couple weeks storage...
DJI recommends 22C to 28C... 71F to 81F (document linked above)
I would consider storing in the fridge and be very careful to rewarm in a dry climate...
Then only if for a longer term... and only if the need to do so is present...

I had visions of people in hot humid climates about to do something they may regret later... :confused:
Had to at least say something... to warn folks the fridge may not be such a good idea...
My 2 cents... o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Glen and The Editor
Reading this thread sent a shiver up my spine... :eek:

I would be real careful about pulling a TB 47/48 battery outta the fridge straight into a steamy humid environment...
The condensation might take out the board on top... :(
Now, if you live somewhere where humidity is not an issue... you can likely get away with it...

I've attached a pic from the autopsy that was done on my bricked TB47...
There IS conformal coating on the circuit board... but it seemed sparse on the bottom side in my mind...
View attachment 2570

Now the fridge IS great for bare LiPo's with no boards on them...
No argument from me on what is truly the best place to store a bare Lipo...
But with this circuit board in such close proximity to a 6S x 2P heavy pile of LiPo's...
I gotta disagree...
View attachment 2571

Like ted35 said... At minimum...
I would seal it in a ziploc and warm it up in an dry A/C location before unbagging...

In my mind... 72F A/C is fine for up to a couple weeks storage...
DJI recommends 22C to 28C... 71F to 81F (document linked above)
I would consider storing in the fridge and be very careful to rewarm in a dry climate...
Then only if for a longer term... and only if the need to do so is present...

I had visions of people in hot humid climates about to do something they may regret later... :confused:
Had to at least say something... to warn folks the fridge may not be such a good idea...
My 2 cents... o_O
Agreed - Some good points there for folks in humid areas!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips