Got my i2! Some feedback.

It would be dangerous to travel with batteries in the Inspire, would'nt suggest you do it even if they did fit.

Strange...DJI promotes it as LightBridge

Attachments

• 20161229_181426.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
MAV . . .great idea !! (batts on in case) I made the mod, took 2 min's, now if I can get the other 4 in I'll be happy, happy, happy ~

MAV . . .great idea !! (batts on in case) I made the mod, took 2 min's, now if I can get the other 4 in I'll be happy, happy, happy ~

careful, as in hungary you are not allowed AC on board!!!! hungarian airports rules (idiots)... but you still have /should check with airline preflight. just an info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange...DJI promotes it as LightBridge

I've seen it as "LIGHTBRIDGE HD" on dji's website. There is some change. And the description from dji and their employees seems to indicate that occusync and LBHD are at the very least cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Yes, you have to be careful and remove them from the bird when you are flying, but if for your general use, it's great to keep a couple more batteries in the case.

Speaking of Cases? if I was to hi-jack the discussion for a moment, What cases are people looking forward to for this bird?

I'm hoping to get a GPC landing mode case for I1 and cut it to fit i2.

I'm hoping to get a GPC landing mode case for I1 and cut it to fit i2.

The I2 is pretty big... Even if you cut the I1 GPC case foam, I'm not sure the plastic outer shell is big enough to hold it. I'm guessing they will be redesigning the I2 case completely.

I no longer feel the need to mod the controller, but I might change my mind after testing in nyc (in legal areas).

A fellow Inspire Pilot in NYC! How rare! I've never seen anyone fly a drone, let alone a high-end quad like I1 in NYC but I would love to meet up once I receive my Inspire 2 and exchange tips and tricks.

Reactions: Ftolino
I'd like one similar to Inspak landing mode case . Smaller the better with props in lid . No intentions on hijacking the post

FYI the i2 will not fit in the i1 gpc travel mode case. Going to have to see about a real case as I don't see any real options in stock anywhere. Currently using the stock styrofoam case and the shipping box it was in from china.

Also got mine, and do some test at home because of a very cold weather outside)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 6.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 9.jpg
    904 KB · Views: 24
  • 16.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 17.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 13.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 12.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 25
Also got mine, and do some test at home because of a very cold weather outside)

Which Camera is that the X4S? I have the X5S and it won't fit in the location that you have yours without being too high to put the top of the case back on. I'm guessing the X4S case may be just a bit smaller and fit within the cutout.

By the way.. Congratulations..

Thank you!
X5S) I put it in case just for pics together)

Thank you!
X5S) I put it in case just for pics together)

I see.. so I'm guessing your case would not close either with the X5S case in that location.. I can fit the X5S case in the upper left of the case, but it's a VERY loose fit with lots of room around the sides.. Perhaps the X4S case will be just a bit smaller and fit in the Lower Right as you have shown in your pic.. I'm trying to mod my case just enough to get the necessary things in it until I can get an upgraded case. Holding the X5S and 8 Batteries would be ideal.. but it's the square peg in the round hole thing going on here I think.. Perhaps I should talk to my wife and get her packing tips.. you can't believe what she can fit in a suitcase..