Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Got my i2! Some feedback.

I'm curious if the Inspire 2 will fit back in the case while the 2 batteries are attached? That would allow for 6 batteries to be stored in the case I believe.. Are there any other spaces for batteries? How many can you get to fit inside the stock case?
It would be dangerous to travel with batteries in the Inspire, would'nt suggest you do it even if they did fit.

I got my i2 dec 22 and went straight to Argentina for the holidays. I basically only saw my family while the batteries were charging!
Luckily I only have one pair (anybody know where to get more now?)

The I2 is great!
What I like best about it is the occusync (aka LB2 HD). The VPS improvement is great for indoors! It holds position so well given enough indoor light.
The range is FANTASTIC!
I no longer feel the need to mod the controller, but I might change my mind after testing in nyc (in legal areas).

You can choose if you want the video downlink streaming in 1080 or 720 and if you want it on 5.8 or 2.4!!!
Pretty cool!

I found that 1080 on 2.4 only worked well enough if I was doing super slow flying. Otherwise it cut out a lot like LB 1.0. In 720 it was excellent in 2.4 and 5.8.

Strangely enough, when testing range (well beyond LOS, Under 400 ft, rural area, not near airports, no US FAA here) the RC signal dropped before the video downlink dropped? At least according to the number of signal strength bars. That was counter intuitive.

Overall I'm in love. It was expensive as hell but I look forward to the added stability brought by VPS for indoor work and dual battery solution. I wish for this price ($6k for the premium combo) it had come with a camera op controller. It will be nice to use the Pilot cam. I did do one flight with the pilot cam. Man, I forgot how crap 640x480 was ha! Also since the pilot cam is not stabilized it REALLY highlights
1. How amazingly well stabilized the x5s is
2. How much viewing the stabilized image does behind the scenes to calm you down when the algorithms automatically stabilize the drone unbeknownst to you!

I plan to get 20 more batteries, ssd, another controller, GPS add on for remote (so dynamic Rc is home point is automatic, great for boat work) travel case, rapid chargers. So I expect it to cost $10k total all in.
If you can make your money back in a couple- a few jobs I'd say its well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Strange...DJI promotes it as LightBridge

Attachments

• 20161229_181426.jpg
    20161229_181426.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
I'm curious if the Inspire 2 will fit back in the case while the 2 batteries are attached? That would allow for 6 batteries to be stored in the case I believe.. Are there any other spaces for batteries? How many can you get to fit inside the stock case?
MAV . . .great idea !! (batts on in case) I made the mod, took 2 min's, now if I can get the other 4 in I'll be happy, happy, happy ~

MAV . . .great idea !! (batts on in case) I made the mod, took 2 min's, now if I can get the other 4 in I'll be happy, happy, happy ~

careful, as in hungary you are not allowed AC on board!!!! hungarian airports rules (idiots)... but you still have /should check with airline preflight. just an info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you have to be careful and remove them from the bird when you are flying, but if for your general use, it's great to keep a couple more batteries in the case.

Speaking of Cases? if I was to hi-jack the discussion for a moment, What cases are people looking forward to for this bird?

Yes, you have to be careful and remove them from the bird when you are flying, but if for your general use, it's great to keep a couple more batteries in the case.

Speaking of Cases? if I was to hi-jack the discussion for a moment, What cases are people looking forward to for this bird?

I'm hoping to get a GPC landing mode case for I1 and cut it to fit i2.

I no longer feel the need to mod the controller, but I might change my mind after testing in nyc (in legal areas).

A fellow Inspire Pilot in NYC! How rare! I've never seen anyone fly a drone, let alone a high-end quad like I1 in NYC but I would love to meet up once I receive my Inspire 2 and exchange tips and tricks.

Reactions: Ftolino

I'd like one similar to Inspak landing mode case . Smaller the better with props in lid . No intentions on hijacking the post

FYI the i2 will not fit in the i1 gpc travel mode case. Going to have to see about a real case as I don't see any real options in stock anywhere. Currently using the stock styrofoam case and the shipping box it was in from china.

Also got mine, and do some test at home because of a very cold weather outside)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    904 KB · Views: 24
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 25
Also got mine, and do some test at home because of a very cold weather outside)

Which Camera is that the X4S? I have the X5S and it won't fit in the location that you have yours without being too high to put the top of the case back on. I'm guessing the X4S case may be just a bit smaller and fit within the cutout.

By the way.. Congratulations.. ;)

Thank you!
X5S) I put it in case just for pics together)

I see.. so I'm guessing your case would not close either with the X5S case in that location.. I can fit the X5S case in the upper left of the case, but it's a VERY loose fit with lots of room around the sides.. Perhaps the X4S case will be just a bit smaller and fit in the Lower Right as you have shown in your pic.. I'm trying to mod my case just enough to get the necessary things in it until I can get an upgraded case. Holding the X5S and 8 Batteries would be ideal.. but it's the square peg in the round hole thing going on here I think.. Perhaps I should talk to my wife and get her packing tips.. you can't believe what she can fit in a suitcase.. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44