Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Got my i2! Some feedback.

Reaction score
I got my i2 dec 22 and went straight to Argentina for the holidays. I basically only saw my family while the batteries were charging!
Luckily I only have one pair (anybody know where to get more now?)

The I2 is great!
What I like best about it is the occusync (aka LB2 HD). The VPS improvement is great for indoors! It holds position so well given enough indoor light.
The range is FANTASTIC!
I no longer feel the need to mod the controller, but I might change my mind after testing in nyc (in legal areas).

You can choose if you want the video downlink streaming in 1080 or 720 and if you want it on 5.8 or 2.4!!!
Pretty cool!

I found that 1080 on 2.4 only worked well enough if I was doing super slow flying. Otherwise it cut out a lot like LB 1.0. In 720 it was excellent in 2.4 and 5.8.

Strangely enough, when testing range (well beyond LOS, Under 400 ft, rural area, not near airports, no US FAA here) the RC signal dropped before the video downlink dropped? At least according to the number of signal strength bars. That was counter intuitive.

Overall I'm in love. It was expensive as hell but I look forward to the added stability brought by VPS for indoor work and dual battery solution. I wish for this price ($6k for the premium combo) it had come with a camera op controller. It will be nice to use the Pilot cam. I did do one flight with the pilot cam. Man, I forgot how crap 640x480 was ha! Also since the pilot cam is not stabilized it REALLY highlights
1. How amazingly well stabilized the x5s is
2. How much viewing the stabilized image does behind the scenes to calm you down when the algorithms automatically stabilize the drone unbeknownst to you!

I plan to get 20 more batteries, ssd, another controller, GPS add on for remote (so dynamic Rc is home point is automatic, great for boat work) travel case, rapid chargers. So I expect it to cost $10k total all in.
If you can make your money back in a couple- a few jobs I'd say its well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: DECinHSV
Congratulations! What a great Christmas present.. You obviously have been on the "nice" list.

For those of us deciding on how many batteries to pick up for a full day's operation, how long does it take to charge a pair of batteries?

Reactions: Dave Elmore
I'm curious if the Inspire 2 will fit back in the case while the 2 batteries are attached? That would allow for 6 batteries to be stored in the case I believe.. Are there any other spaces for batteries? How many can you get to fit inside the stock case?

I'm curious if the Inspire 2 will fit back in the case while the 2 batteries are attached? That would allow for 6 batteries to be stored in the case I believe.. Are there any other spaces for batteries? How many can you get to fit inside the stock case?

The bird does not fit back in the case with the batteries on unless you start cutting it.
The stock case is really temporary. I wouldn't trust it to travel with. I left the stock case in the shipping box when I checked it in.
Hehe while my mavics came aboard with me! So portable!

Reactions: Dave Elmore
That's not what I heard.

OcuSync runs entirely over 2.4GHz, for control and video, so no, I2 is not using OcuSync.

On the other-hand I wouldn't describe OcuSync as 'low quality', it offers 1080p at short range and 720p up to 7km, not exactly 'low quality'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phatzo
The dji guys told me i2's LB HD is the same thing.

What is the exact difference? I'm curious as I'm no radio expert but I am quoting DJI directly (which does leave the door open).
Where are you guys getting your info? Thanks.

Inspire 2–Power Beyond Imagination

Says lightbridge. Ocusync isn't even on the page.

There was a thread on RCG where a DJI support rep indicated that mavic has ocusync because one of its intended uses is FPV, which requires a much faster response time, which requires a lower quality video to achieve across wifi. So while it's "720p" it will drop frames/detail in order to keep the image response fast.

Inspire 2–Power Beyond Imagination

Says lightbridge. Ocusync isn't even on the page.

There was a thread on RCG where a DJI support rep indicated that mavic has ocusync because one of its intended uses is FPV, which requires a much faster response time, which requires a lower quality video to achieve across wifi. So while it's "720p" it will drop frames/detail in order to keep the image response fast.

Is occusync on wifi (phone) or via the Rc?

LOUD WHISTLE .................... "Thread hijack occured" . . . Off-setting penalties, go back to the top of the post for the topic ;)
I missed the hijack. Not sure what you saw here that caused the LOUD WHISTLE? I was very interested in the conversation about the OccuSync vs. Light Bridge.

Reactions: F3honda4me
I missed the hijack. Not sure what you saw here that caused the LOUD WHISTLE? I was very interested in the conversation about the OccuSync vs. Light Bridge.
after further review . . . "NO FOUL on above discussion, continue discussion of OccuSync vs Light Bridge - and repeat 2nd Down"

Reactions: Spy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo