Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPIO on Inspire1.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get a GPO ( General Purpose Output ) signal on a Inspire1, to use to trigger a small peice of electronics...

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get a GPO ( General Purpose Output ) signal on a Inspire1, to use to trigger a small peice of electronics...
Well, if not an electronic signal, why not a physical one?

Basically use the landing gear up/down action to trigger a small custom circuit. Once it goes up it arms, when the landing gear goes down it triggers and once it goes back up it resets. A small switch (or switches) could be affixed to the aircraft to accomplish that.

that might in fact be workable... I want to improve my dropper.. ( its a tiny rc servo that pulls a pin out of a guide, allowing the fishing line to drop.. )... Right now, i'm using a 433Mhz single channel receiver ( think long range garage door openertype thing )...

As far as i can see theres no easily accessed spare GPIO avaialble, ( there probalby is ) and even if there was getting control of it, would be a lot of hard work..

OpenInSpire Firmware? A total open source software stack for the geriactric drone? Im sure its possible, its just not somethign i really want to even consider!

Reactions: Pat McAbery
Thanks. this was pretty easy to implement once i had the time.. I used some 4mm alumuium tube, a couple of clamps, and two angle brackets.. All up the parts weighed 31g, so i was pretty happy.

A nice simple solution. You've just got to remember to turn off automatic landing gear, and remember to put it down before you land!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy