GPIO on Inspire1.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get a GPO ( General Purpose Output ) signal on a Inspire1, to use to trigger a small peice of electronics...

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get a GPO ( General Purpose Output ) signal on a Inspire1, to use to trigger a small peice of electronics...
Well, if not an electronic signal, why not a physical one?

Basically use the landing gear up/down action to trigger a small custom circuit. Once it goes up it arms, when the landing gear goes down it triggers and once it goes back up it resets. A small switch (or switches) could be affixed to the aircraft to accomplish that.

that might in fact be workable... I want to improve my dropper.. ( its a tiny rc servo that pulls a pin out of a guide, allowing the fishing line to drop.. )... Right now, i'm using a 433Mhz single channel receiver ( think long range garage door openertype thing )...

As far as i can see theres no easily accessed spare GPIO avaialble, ( there probalby is ) and even if there was getting control of it, would be a lot of hard work..

OpenInSpire Firmware? A total open source software stack for the geriactric drone? Im sure its possible, its just not somethign i really want to even consider!

Reactions: Pat McAbery
Thanks. this was pretty easy to implement once i had the time.. I used some 4mm alumuium tube, a couple of clamps, and two angle brackets.. All up the parts weighed 31g, so i was pretty happy.

A nice simple solution. You've just got to remember to turn off automatic landing gear, and remember to put it down before you land!!