Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS/Compass Help

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a bit of an issue with my compass/gps. When i power up my Inspire 1 it goes through the normal warm up procedure. I then do a compass calibration, i check the IMU which is normally around 1450 to 1600. The GPS indicator is full and it says ready to fly. When i take off and get out of range of the sensors so about 3m high there is a message on my screen saying there is a compass issue and i am flying in Atti mode. I immediately land and recalibrate the IMU and the compass. It says ready to fly and i take off, it does the same thing. I tried about 4 or 5 times and in multiple different locations.

Does anyone have any ideas? What could be the issue? How do i fix it?

Not to worry, i just found the thread with this support in another section of the forum...

When you calibrate compass try this:
Dont rotate 360 with nose down, just do the second pass with the left side down
It's work for me.

When you calibrate compass try this:
Dont rotate 360 with nose down, just do the second pass with the left side down
It's work for me.

Dont do this, follow the correct calibration instructions, one 360 turn flat until signalled to stop by light, the point nose down and do the other 360.

The issue you are having, everyone else is having it, you can either wait for the firmware fix, or just fly it and you will notice that the atti mode will go right away as you fly, the error is only for a second or two.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Dont do this, follow the correct calibration instructions, one 360 turn flat until signalled to stop by light, the point nose down and do the other 360.

The issue you are having, everyone else is having it, you can either wait for the firmware fix, or just fly it and you will notice that the atti mode will go right away as you fly, the error is only for a second or two.

I had similar issues. I was doing both 360 turns in a clockwise direction and the green LED would stay solid. If you do the second turn (with the nose down) anti-clockwise, the green LED flashes and the calibration is completed properly

I thought it you were suppose to rotate 360° in a clockwise fashion if you're in the northern hemisphere & counter-clockwise in the southern hemisphere? Is that wrong? Are we all suppose to spin around counterclockwise? :)

I thought it you were suppose to rotate 360° in a clockwise fashion if you're in the northern hemisphere & counter-clockwise in the southern hemisphere? Is that wrong? Are we all suppose to spin around counterclockwise? :)
That is a good question

Makes no difference whatsoever - It is the rotation in both orientations that is important in order to calibrate the magnetometer (compass).

Makes no difference whatsoever - It is the rotation in both orientations that is important in order to calibrate the magnetometer (compass).
Should the green LED flash slowly after the second 360 rotation to confirm that the calibration is complete?
I find mine will only do this if the second 360 turn is in the opposite direction to the first 360 turn

Well, i completed my update and received " compass needs calibration" so i performed the calibration as i always have 360 cw horizontal then 360 nose down clockwise. That has always worked but won't now. I read these messages and tried the 360 cw horizontal and then turned it left side down 360 cw and what do you know it calibrated fine!!! Thanks for the sugestions, don't know why it wouldn't like it always has but anyway, Up Up and Away

Should the green LED flash slowly after the second 360 rotation to confirm that the calibration is complete?
I find mine will only do this if the second 360 turn is in the opposite direction to the first 360 turn

It is steady yellow during the first (horizontal) rotation. It changes to steady green during the second rotation (vertical), When that completes, it returns to blinking green.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry