Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Green Screen

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently received a DJI P3P as a gift. I am having green screen issues in the app. The drone worked great for a few hours, maybe 2 hours flying time if that. I started to get a green screen on the app with no video, but the drone still flies well. Green screen will go way after the drone warms up for about 30 minutes. All the firmware is current and has been updated. So I inquired with DJI about the issue.

The phone reps put me through several procedures with the drone and the remote without any success. I tried the app on several devices same results, green screen. After I went through all the requested procedures the company asked me to send the drone in for evaluation and repair. I got an invoice for repair for about $310. The drone was never crashed nor had any impact of any kind that I know of. Anyway, the company insists that there is impact damage which I have no idea how this could be or where it is on the drone. Here is the quote I received from DJI.

Remarks: Impact damage to craft and camera not caused by product malfunction

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)

Phantom 3 camera lens (pro/adv/4K Wifi) 1 80.00 80.00

Phantom 3 right landing gear component 1 10.00 10.00

Phantom 3 Professional camera lens shield (4K) 1 8.00 8.00

Phantom 3 gimbal soft flat cable (pro/adv) 1 7.00 7.00

Phantom 3 camera ultra violet filter lens (UV) 1 5.00 5.00

Phantom 3 camera lens (pro/adv) 1 100.00 100.00

Phantom 3 Camera rear cover 1 2.00 2.00

Service Charge 1.5 65.00/H 97.50

Freight: 0.00

Total Amount: 309.50

DJI Care deduction: 0.00

Total Payment: 309.50

When I sent the drone in to DJI it was in almost perfect condition, just out-of-the-box. I would score it and 99% on condition. The lens looked perfect, no damage whatsoever to the landing gear, and they want me to purchase parts that I feel are unnecessary to get the drone working properly.

I called DJI to inquire about the quote on 3 separate occasions. The 1st time I called the rep said he would have DJI send me the drone evaluation from the repair department, which never happened, and was then hung up on by the rep. I called back a 2nd time and explained the situation to the rep and was hung up on again. I never used any foul language or was disrespectful in any way. I just wanted an explanation of why they wanted to sell me all these parts to get the app working properly, with no green screen issues. I called back to DJI a 3rd time and was put on hold for about 8 minutes. The rep said that all the parts would have to be purchased in order for the drone to work properly.

My question here is does anyone think all these parts are needed to correct the green screen issue? Should I consult with a third-party about the drone repair? Does anyone think the DJI is trying to sell unnecessary parts to get rid of old inventory? Any comments or advice would be much appreciate.

Thanks

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962