Greetings from the Wyoming Valley PA

Reaction score
Hello all..
I'm a commercial photographer that has been providing aerial photography for over 30 years.. I have shot aerials on 6x6 CM & 4x5 inch film. I have over 320 hours flying a Cessna 172. Now I use a Phanton 4 mostly for aerial surveys and an Inspire 2 for cinema and stills. Wish I was still in the left seat of a Cessna but no one will pay for that! Love my drones. I fly them like a Cessna and not like a toy.

Welcome to the forum! You will find a lot of pilots with tons of experience on here similar to yourself. I agree that drones should be treated more like an aircraft and less like a toy!

I'm seeing this post late but it's interesting how drones have changed the industry. It's called "Disruptive Technology" in that it fundamentally modifies how an industry has been performed. I too am a commercial photographer, terrestrial, but never the less, drones have really affected the industry in a profound way. I hope you still get to fly the Cessna for fun now and then.

There are lots of knowledgable and talented users here. You'll find plenty of assistance. Brag about flying 5 miles or 2000 feet and you'll get plenty of flames...lol... Kidding aside, this is a good forum.