Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ground Station

Reaction score
I am wondering if the DJI ground station (new edition) is available. I have seen a few screenshots and comments that it works under DJI Assistant, however i hadn't been able to find it - or any info - does anyone know if this is available yet ?

And specifically for 3D mapping. The rest of the functionality is limited.
The virtual fence is a great feature I will test out asap.
What's even better, no social media crap and all the info you need on the screen for normal flying. Still need to setup the camera in GO but after that it's goodbye GO and welcome GS :)

I almost get sentimental about it. It looks and feels like the good old GroundStation for Naza-M or A2.

Reactions: 180productions
Just downloaded it and been mucking around with missions set up without connection to the aircraft. Hopefully this will develop rapidly as I somehow "trust" the stability of a DJI platform more than say Dronedeploy that is currently beset with control issues with Inspire 1. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has been brave enough to give it a whirl :)

Are you able to operate the camera while it flies its missions? Does it have a live feed toggle view like the go apps do?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
It has a small FPV window. It seems to work with a dual RC setup if the second remote runs GO.
Have not flown it yet though.

Clearly, the main usage of this app is autonomous 3D mapping for which you don't need a live feed per se. The waypoint and fencing modes are just there because 3D mapping can't exist without them. If you need waypoints, you're better off with Litchi or Autopilot. Maybe DJI will add extra features making it more useful for more people but I don't think it was ever intended to be of much use for everyday droning.

I will probably use the fencing when I have to fly near a restricted area or to keep a safe distance from objects, once I feel comfortable enough to rely on the app. Knowing the camera can still be operated on the second remote I'm ok with the small video box overlay.

It does have a resume option in all modes so you can use multiple batteries for one mission which is a must for mapping and a good to have in the waypoints mode.
If you set Waypoint action to none, I guess you can still operate the camera yourself during waypoint missions but the video box is a bit small for framing.

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow afternoon. We also just received a set of Aeropoints from Propeller in Australia so I'm going to be testing two cool new toys at once.

Took them out of the box yesterday. They look nice so far. I didn't have any problem charging them with the solar panels and they connected to the hotspot On my I Pad with no trouble. If the schedule works out today with the survey crew we are going to fly a site where we have survey control and shoot the aeropoints with a total station so we can compare the data.

I'd be keen to hear your report on the Aeropoints

I don't have the comparison data back from the survey crew yet but my initial impressions of the Aeropoints are positive. One of my 10 points didn't upload for processing but the rest were uploaded to Australia, processed, and returned as a csv file within about 2 hours. The limitation on the speed of processing appears to be the frequency at which the local base station makes data available.

I didn't end up using Ground Station Pro for the flight. I had some problems and a few messages about the firmware then decided to just use Drone Deploy so I could get my test of the Aeropoints finished. I will dig into it soon though.

Just downloaded it and been mucking around with missions set up without connection to the aircraft. Hopefully this will develop rapidly as I somehow "trust" the stability of a DJI platform more than say Dronedeploy that is currently beset with control issues with Inspire 1. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has been brave enough to give it a whirl :)

need to buy myself an iPAD... (eye twitch)

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Tried it out today very good except seems to have the same issues as other app with regards to distance to adjacent waypoints. Couldn't find any reference in the manual with regard to this and what the distance is might be the same as MME and limited to 2000 mts which is a shame.

Inspire 1 Pro
Cheers,
I'm still yet to perform my first DroneDeploy flight. I work on offshore vessels and looking at performing 3D mapping of the ships I work on. Still building the confidence to let my drone fly autonomously over water :p

Soon as we give out of these fridget temperature's, I plan too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william76931