Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Groundstation coming?

Reaction score
Just got an email suggesting Inspire Groundstation in the next few months. very exciting - anyone else see that?

Just received it too, screen shot attached.
Awesome news, although '' a few months'' means probably third quarter release.
Hopefully sooner :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 16.16.51.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 16.16.51.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 348
I saw that email as nothing more than a "We have not forgotten so stop asking" teaser. No new info. The fact that are not yet taking preorders says a lot. They are not even confident enough to hold on to your money yet. ;)

I saw that email as nothing more than a "We have not forgotten so stop asking" teaser. No new info. The fact that are not yet taking preorders says a lot. They are not even confident enough to hold on to your money yet. ;)

Hmm, I think it is connected with the recent release of Phantom 3, not with the development of the product.
For those still not convinced that Inspire 1 is really different from Phantom 3, although it is very obvious, this handheld gimbal will definitely make the difference and it will change some people's shopping list :)

Although...it was good to at least get this as a "Dear Inspire owner: we haven't forgotten about you" note.

I'll take what I can get in terms of promised / expected functionality or reaffirmations at this point.

Also good to know GS is coming from DJI. There was some question as to whether it was going to be just SDK and a 3rd party would have to build it or whether DJI would deliver it in the Pilot app. That's answered at least.

Now about that micro-4/3 camera upgrade.....

Last edited:
The current situation reminds me a little bit of the iOS app problem, when a lot of people were 100% sure on all the forums that an iOS version of the app will never be available, considering the Lightbridge app was not availbale in the App Store, one year after its release, and also the ''video signal over usb'' Apple policy.

Now once again I notice a lot of people saying this news are ''bla bla bla, it will never happen, or it's gonna be too late etc.''
Guess a little bit of optimism is better.
I think this is great news for an Inspire owner and it is a solid confirmation that during this year we will be able to enjoy new complex features of our birds.
Just my two cents opinion, as I am one of the people really pleased with this official announcement.

Reactions: jon b and Auspete
Hi all,

Inspire 1 Mailshot - here

It seems the likelihood of a price drop for the Inspire 1 is less likely, given the latest email I received, advertising new features coming to the Inspire, along with another mention of the handheld camera mount (sadly still no date lol)

I will be placing my order for one this week, on Payday!

GROUNDSTATION announced in the same email from DJI this morning..says in the next months. PRAISE BUDDAH!!!

From the DJI email today:

What's Coming Next
In the next few months, three main features announced with the Phantom 3 will be coming to the Inspire 1:

Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map.

This feature has been long desired and will greatly increase the utility of the Inspire. Hopefully, this enhancement in navigation will also include POI and Home Lock, which were also promised in the initial feature set at product release.

Live Streaming
Share what you’re seeing, as you’re flying, with anyone around the world with YouTube live streaming compatibility.

"Let a 1000 live videos Bloom (sorry, Philip
wink.gif
)."

Director
Cut and edit your favorite footage instantly, as the built-in Director pieces together your clips and adds in music, ready to be shared.

GoPro Studio Lite? For a "professional" platform? Waste of valuable developer time, IMHO.
rolleyes.gif

Also coming soon, the Inspire 1 handheld camera mount will enable your to take your camera from the sky to the ground and capture footage for any of your needs.

Product release date? Price? Audio capability/features? It's 2Q, so where is this baby?

Lastly, the DJI SDK will be made available for the Inspire 1, allowing you to create customized apps that control and gather data from your flight platform in new ways.

The "Future of Possible" will soon be here! Geeks, man your keyboards!
user_online.gif

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
From the DJI email today:

What's Coming Next
In the next few months, three main features announced with the Phantom 3 will be coming to the Inspire 1:

Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map.

This feature has been long desired and will greatly increase the utility of the Inspire. Hopefully, this enhancement in navigation will also include POI and Home Lock, which were also promised in the initial feature set at product release.

Live Streaming
Share what you’re seeing, as you’re flying, with anyone around the world with YouTube live streaming compatibility.

"Let a 1000 live videos Bloom (sorry, Philip
wink.gif
)."

Director
Cut and edit your favorite footage instantly, as the built-in Director pieces together your clips and adds in music, ready to be shared.

GoPro Studio Lite? For a "professional" platform? Waste of valuable developer time, IMHO.
rolleyes.gif

Also coming soon, the Inspire 1 handheld camera mount will enable your to take your camera from the sky to the ground and capture footage for any of your needs.

Product release date? Price? Audio capability/features? It's 2Q, so where is this baby?

Lastly, the DJI SDK will be made available for the Inspire 1, allowing you to create customized apps that control and gather data from your flight platform in new ways.

The "Future of Possible" will soon be here! Geeks, man your keyboards!
user_online.gif

Well I hope so, these 3 alone (Ground Station, Live Streaming, Director) will give the I1 the well deserved edge we all hoped for and along with a better camera will make this a truly awesome UAV. We'll have to wait and see, cheers Mark

Clearly, there's great progress being made at DJI. The Inspire, the new phantom 3... The enhancements and tighter integration will find its way throughout the line. The price points for the products (even though they share a lot of functionality) are making more sense as the products really are different. DJI is looking more and more like a leader in the field

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry