Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hardware updates since the inspire version 1? Maintenance needed?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am sending my Inspire 1 in for a repair of a cracked leg, and while I send it in I'm wanting to upgrade it and have maintenance done. Let me explain.

I bought my Inspire 1 back in April of 2015 and I'm assuming that it would be a version 1 Inspire. I'm looking at upgrading to the X5 camera and thus am also looking at upgrading my aircraft. I'm wondering what hardware upgrades, if any besides the motors, have been changed since my version of the Inspire? Also if there are a lot of upgrades, which ones would you suggest, why, and at what cost?

Also since I have gotten my inspire I have not needed to, or have not known about, any maintenance I've had a need to do. I have had the "jello effect" with some of my footage and I think I remember reading something about a maintenance item to fix this. I have been diligent about inspecting the aircraft for damage and can't find anything except for the cracked leg.

Last thing, I've heard that DJI won't cover your Inspire (cracked leg) unless you're on the latest firmware version? Is this correct? And for those wondering I have never crashed, or had a hard landing. I'm actually baffled that the leg is cracked.

So what upgrades should I get, what maintenance items should be looked at, and does it need to be on the latest firmware to get it covered under warranty and repaired?

I tried to find the answers already but wasn't able to find anything. Thanks so much in advance!

Reactions: RDTech
Hello everyone, I am sending my Inspire 1 in for a repair of a cracked leg, and while I send it in I'm wanting to upgrade it and have maintenance done. Let me explain.

I bought my Inspire 1 back in April of 2015 and I'm assuming that it would be a version 1 Inspire. I'm looking at upgrading to the X5 camera and thus am also looking at upgrading my aircraft. I'm wondering what hardware upgrades, if any besides the motors, have been changed since my version of the Inspire? Also if there are a lot of upgrades, which ones would you suggest, why, and at what cost?

Also since I have gotten my inspire I have not needed to, or have not known about, any maintenance I've had a need to do. I have had the "jello effect" with some of my footage and I think I remember reading something about a maintenance item to fix this. I have been diligent about inspecting the aircraft for damage and can't find anything except for the cracked leg.

Last thing, I've heard that DJI won't cover your Inspire (cracked leg) unless you're on the latest firmware version? Is this correct? And for those wondering I have never crashed, or had a hard landing. I'm actually baffled that the leg is cracked.

So what upgrades should I get, what maintenance items should be looked at, and does it need to be on the latest firmware to get it covered under warranty and repaired?

I tried to find the answers already but wasn't able to find anything. Thanks so much in advance!
Photo of the crack

There are no 'upgrades' as such that can be done to the v1 Inspire other than the X5 gimbal plate which is a 10 minute DIY job to swap over. That's all that needs changing to allow an X5 to attach the the Inspire (apart from the feet risers).
The difference in the versions is well documented on this forum if you use the search facility but this should help.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/attachments/inspire-1-revisions-jpg.2150/
Obviously since this was posted the V2 and Pro are out as well.

Photo of the crack
Here are photos of the crack. The main cracks are the lower part of the leg, however there is also additional cracks near the motor on the same leg.

Attachments

• IMG_7027.JPG
    IMG_7027.JPG
    574.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7029.JPG
    IMG_7029.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7030.JPG
    IMG_7030.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7031.JPG
    IMG_7031.JPG
    500.1 KB · Views: 14
There are no 'upgrades' as such that can be done to the v1 Inspire other than the X5 gimbal plate which is a 10 minute DIY job to swap over. That's all that needs changing to allow an X5 to attach the the Inspire (apart from the feet risers).
The difference in the versions is well documented on this forum if you use the search facility but this should help.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/attachments/inspire-1-revisions-jpg.2150/
Obviously since this was posted the V2 and Pro are out as well.
Thanks for the link. Just a few questions.
1. Is there a page that shows the differences between the V1, V2 and the Pro? I believe mine is a V1 Rev C.
2. Is there a how to for installation of the X5 gimbal plate?
3. Any fixes for the "jello effect" I'm getting sometimes on my footage?
4. Will DJI still repair my Inspire even if it's not on the latest firmware?

Thanks again, and sorry for my limited knowledge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry