Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Has anyone had this connection issue before?

Reaction score
I am flying an inspire 2 around power lines and am having issues where the drone looses connection, returns to home, and than does not relink. The relink light on the side of the drone is off. Is there a way to restart the drone so that this can be linked again without sending it in?

Did you do a full reboot of everything? Have you tried to simply re-link the transmitter to the bird following the link steps? That said, I stay away from power lines (especially bigger transmission lines). I NEVER allow any power lines to be between me and the I2. There is just too much junk that could interfere with your signal. The same is true with broadcast towers and especially microwave. And also, as crazy as it may sound, I have had a number of weird things happen when flying near big commercial aircraft (with full FAA approval) and it seems that when the aircraft is 90 deg to my I2, some weird things occur, like my gimbal spinning 90 deg off center. Just sayin'.....

Dear: In case you did not know ... Overhead and underground power lines generate magnetic fields surrounding the electric cables that carry the electric current, the higher the voltage threshold, the greater the electromagnetic field that is produced, these magnetic fields interfere Negatively, the radio frequency signals that we use to connect our RC with the Drone, telecommunications antennas such as Cellular ones are disastrous, so I suggest you avoid exposing your I2 to these interferences, since you run the risk that Your drone reacts or takes actions unrelated to the commands you are giving it with your RC and it could be damaged with a loss of control. I know that industrial drones such as the Matrice line are shielded against this type of electromagnetic interference since within their functions are those of Inspections so on occasions they must "get close enough" to these lines, towers ... avoid these approaches so that they do not have to regret damage to your I2 .... Greetings.!

Yup, spot on. I have to sheepishly admit that over the years I have been fortunate not to have had interference issues. But when you are flying in the area of transmission lines, that is where I would never venture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido