Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Have to remove and replace SD card to record video or take photos

Reaction score
First off I have had no issues with this aircraft nor have I recently done a FW update, all is current and has been for a long time. It has been flawless. Flying for a year with no issues whatsoever. Recently I have not been able to record video, change to the camera, or make the camera pan using the iPad mini 4 touch screen. When this happens I am unable to format the SD card as well. I have been using the 64GB Sandisk for many months with no issues, tried to switch to another known good SD card (came with Mavic Pro) with same results. During this process I removed the SD card and started the aircraft, I noticed the camera pans by using iPad. Powered off, replaced SD card all is working properly again.
Next day same issue......
I put the original SD card in that came with my Inspire 1 X3 and all seems good..............
test next day all is good.
Today, same crap! I get to the shoot location and I have the same issue, I have to remove SD, power on, power off, replace SD, power on and all camera and video functions work properly again.

Any help is appreciated!

UPDATE: Issue Resolved
First - I use an iMac for post editing stills and video, macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra and I have been clearing up space on my SD cards while adding several new 64GB SD cards to my inventory for my Inspire and Mavic. I noticed this issue started after previously deleting files from SD cards. So I placed each SD card that I was having an issue with in my Mac and deleted all files and emptied the recycle bin. I then placed each SD card in my Inspire 1 and re-formatted.

I have been able to fly multiple flights with multiple batteries, as well as powered on to test camera functions multiple times without issue so far. My suspicions are with the recent change from Apple’s old HPFS file system to the newly released APFS. So far, So good!

And now Grounded by another DJI Go 3.1.24 / iOS 11.2.5 bug. DJI slow to respond fix is nauseating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart