Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDMI dongle for remote (Directors/Producers) monitor

Any Mini HDMI -> HDMI cable should work for any 1080p transmission. v2.0 is for 4K which is also called "high speed." I would probably spring for that. You can also get HDMI with Ethernet, which is something I would NOT get. You don't need it, never will need it, and it just adds complexity to the cable IMHO. Expect to pay < 10 bucks on Amazon for a 6' or 10' cable.

I personally use a Mini HDMI -> Mini HDMI cable for my FPV goggles and keep a Mini HDMI -> HDMI adapter with me just in case I want to run signal to a monitor. But so far I haven't had to do that.

If your cable is duty specific (and it sounds like it is), I would forgo the adapter and just get the Mini HDMI -> HDMI cable.

Good luck!

D

I already use a cable, but this limits me to stay by the reference monitor.

My question was for wireless solution as there are situations when I need to re-position myself from one spot to another to keep LOS with the aircraft, this could be as far as a few meters from the video village but with a cable connected to a reference monitor it's simply not possible.

I already know Teradek and Paralinx but they are too expensive compared to Inspire's kit, I'm looking for first hand experience from people who use something more like this:
MEASY AIR PRIME Wireless HDMI Sender Extender/Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

I already use a cable, but this limits me to stay by the reference monitor.

My question was for wireless solution as there are situations when I need to re-position myself from one spot to another to keep LOS with the aircraft, this could be as far as a few meters from the video village but with a cable connected to a reference monitor it's simply not possible.

I already know Teradek and Paralinx but they are too expensive compared to Inspire's kit, I'm looking for first hand experience from people who use something more like this:
MEASY AIR PRIME Wireless HDMI Sender Extender/Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

Couple a third remote and use that as a Monitor World slave. I believe the Inspire 1 and 2 can link up to 4 remotes.

D

Reactions: niki and The Editor
Couple a third remote and use that as a Monitor World slave. I believe the Inspire 1 and 2 can link up to 4 remotes.

D
That's an option I should consider, thanks for mention it! But for the same price I'll get the extender from the link I posted above that according the specs have 200m range and dji's slave have only 50m.

Reactions: niki
That's an option I should consider, thanks for mention it! But for the same price I'll get the extender from the link I posted above that according the specs have 200m range and dji's slave have only 50m.

For the same price as the extender, you now have a spare remote. The added redundancy seems like the wiser purchase to me. YMMV.

D

This is what I use works flawlessly.

You will need a couple of power banks to feed the units,
Hey, I've spotted that as well but though it's more like for use at home. Thanks for letting me know it works well! For me it's looking like a good option too.

I just bought a Holly Mars 300 Wireless Video Transmission System and i'm very happy with it. I use it to live stream from a portable DSLR camera. Would work well for your needs but it's $500. Before I purchased the Holly Mars system i used one similar to the Nyrius and it would drop signal easily and would also occasionally reduce the bit-rate of the video resulting in a less than acceptable video stream. You will also need to buy batteries for this unless you already have some, around $40. I would also require a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable.

Amazon.com: Hollyland Mars 300, 300' Dual HDMI Wireless HD Video Transmission System: Electronics

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop