Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDMI output to another tablet?

So I want to use a second tablet when flying so the client can watch what I'm getting. From my understanding iPads don't accept HDMI In; anyone know of a cheap tablet that can act as a stupid display?
Have you tried putting something along the lines of 'cheap monitor' into the search bar?

You'd be surprised - there just isn't much. Found these: Compare - MustHD - On-camera & Broadcast Field Monitor Developer and Manufacturer But not too big and kinda spendy. Try and find a pad with HDMI INPUT - not much, for some reason. [edit: Maybe the hardware can't do it?]
No tablet that I know of has ever been made that natively accepts HDMI in. It's too expensive to implement.
However, as you've found, there are a plethora of 'cheap' HDMI compatible field monitors that will run off a variety of power sources. These would be your best bet.

NOT cheap - but check out Teradek...

iOS Monitoring

Coupled with the VUER app... Upload LUT and use all scopes etc... Cost aside looks great.

Reactions: roblevine
Look for a screen recorder app that has a streaming function. Try Everycord on app store.

Last edited:
So I want to use a second tablet when flying so the client can watch what I'm getting. From my understanding iPads don't accept HDMI In; anyone know of a cheap tablet that can act as a stupid display?
Is your client with you or away from the flight area ?
Can you stream to youtube LIVE?

Reactions: roblevine
Can you have a SmallHD plugged into the second controller on a tripod so you can have an unteathered solution for a client to see the footage? I hope the main controller would still have all functions available.

Can you have a SmallHD plugged into the second controller on a tripod so you can have an unteathered solution for a client to see the footage? I hope the main controller would still have all functions available.
If the client is not at the site, he can watch a youtube LIVe stream (if they can find it) . However, we are beta testing our app and website where you can capture the live stream url and publish the Live stream on our hub.

This is by no means cheap but if you really want to impress a client, get an Atomos Sumo 19" monitor with record capabilities. Right now they have a special going, $1,995. That's a lot but just think, you get a beautiful monitor that will show you what the video you are shooting really looks like, you can get a nice sunshade for it and you can record while the client is watching for instant playback and analysis. Then, the monitor can be used in the edit suite. We just ordered one. Can't wait for it!

Reactions: slim.slamma
This is by no means cheap but if you really want to impress a client, get an Atomos Sumo 19" monitor with record capabilities. Right now they have a special going, $1,995. That's a lot but just think, you get a beautiful monitor that will show you what the video you are shooting really looks like, you can get a nice sunshade for it and you can record while the client is watching for instant playback and analysis. Then, the monitor can be used in the edit suite. We just ordered one. Can't wait for it!
I bought a Sumo 19M (no recording) some time ago and I love it. Who has the recorders on sale?

Get a good monitor man, it makes a difference to have a good one. And just for you to know...the inspire 2 does not playback in output HDMI or SDI. When you shoot, the director/cliente is going to see on real time, but if you want to playback what you recorded on a output monitor, you can't. The director/cliente will only see the playback on your device that is connected to the remote. I think nobody know this...i've wrote a thread to this issue and just a few has replied...

Hi. If you want the director / client to view the stream LIVE, then download an app called streemin, from the app store. Let the director / client / whoever watch the action live, as it happens, from wherever they are in the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu