Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Boston

Reaction score
Hey guys! Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Marin from Boston, MA. Currently studying for my part 107. I have an inspire 2 and love it. I have actually built two of these, buying spare and broken parts on eBay. It all started when I managed to get my hands on a main board with cDNG and aProRes on eBay for only $400, already owning an i2, I decided that having the extra board could be the base of another bird. At the same time, my main drone had a low height impact, so it needed a few new parts. Anyway, a few builds and rebuilds was very exciting. I know these inside and out. I also have the development software for these too, had to get it to calibrate things like the FPV gimbal after swapping for a new one. A lot of people find that out the hard way when trying to repair these on their own. Anyway, if anyone needs any help feel free to contact me. cheers!

Welcome to the forum, @Turbodsms! Very cool what you've done...props to you. What's your feedback on the internal design of the I2?
Well, the main board and body are very impressive and dense. It’s balanced and really cool looking. It’s crazy how they managed to pack all that power and capability in there. However, what I’m least impressed with is the landing gear and arms in general. Where the arms connect to the boom is very weak and can be bent easily just by pulling it out of the case if the landing gear gets caught for example. There is a collar that attaches the auxiliary arms to the boom, under there are a series of aluminum parts and screws holding two separate pieces of carbon fiber booms together, creating a big weak point. In my opinion, they should have made the booms that hold the motors a one piece design end to end.

Reactions: Advexure
Welcome. I am just below you in Attleboro. I lead the New England Chapter of Drone Search and Rescue. DronSAR.Info. PM me if you want more details or if you are looking for a place out of the city to fly.

Well, the main board and body are very impressive and dense. It’s balanced and really cool looking. It’s crazy how they managed to pack all that power and capability in there. However, what I’m least impressed with is the landing gear and arms in general. Where the arms connect to the boom is very weak and can be bent easily just by pulling it out of the case if the landing gear gets caught for example. There is a collar that attaches the auxiliary arms to the boom, under there are a series of aluminum parts and screws holding two separate pieces of carbon fiber booms together, creating a big weak point. In my opinion, they should have made the booms that hold the motors a one piece design end to end.
I wanted to add that although taking it apart is pretty straightforward and easy, it requires too many steps that involve removing delicate cables before being able to separate the landing gear from the main body, a socketed design would have been beneficial.
Welcome. I am just below you in Attleboro. I lead the New England Chapter of Drone Search and Rescue. DronSAR.Info. PM me if you want more details or if you are looking for a place out of the city to fly.

Awesome! @jkerrins I'll be in touch..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool