Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from the "flat lands" of England

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Had my Inspire 1 for a couple of weeks now, previously owned a Spark but sold it on as it didn't shoot RAW and the jpeg colour was someone random. Could have bought a Mavic Air (too screamy) or Mavic Pro (great machine, but just not exciting) after the Spark, but once I saw the Inspire, that was it!
Not much topography wise where I live (Cambridgeshire), but we do have big sky and lots of wind turbines, so will be investigating those once the wind drops...
Hoping to share tips and tricks both ways, first one will be how to correct the strange lens distortion from the X3 ;-)

cheers
Si

Hi folks,

Had my Inspire 1 for a couple of weeks now, previously owned a Spark but sold it on as it didn't shoot RAW and the jpeg colour was someone random. Could have bought a Mavic Air (too screamy) or Mavic Pro (great machine, but just not exciting) after the Spark, but once I saw the Inspire, that was it!
Not much topography wise where I live (Cambridgeshire), but we do have big sky and lots of wind turbines, so will be investigating those once the wind drops...
Hoping to share tips and tricks both ways, first one will be how to correct the strange lens distortion from the X3 ;-)

cheers
Si

Welcome, we look forward to seeing your big sky and wind turbine images. Photoshop has a preset or two to remove the horizon distortion that affects the X3 images. You should be able to correct it in Camera Raw also.

Welcome, we look forward to seeing your big sky and wind turbine images. Photoshop has a preset or two to remove the horizon distortion that affects the X3 images. You should be able to correct it in Camera Raw also.

Many thanks, I've been using a Mac for many years now, so edit video with Final Cut Pro, but still use Adobe Lightroom for stills. The distortion seems to be a compound of different oddities, so the normal fisheye correction just won't cut it. Guess I'll just have to live with it- or crop down to a 2.35:1 ratio ;-)
Haven't been out for a while as busy with work, and now the wind has picked up and is gusty to boot. Hope to get out in the next week or so...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar