Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help with installing a parachute system to Inspire 1 platform

Reaction score
Website
www.dronefyn.dk
In Denmark we have rules about overflight of people, with only can take place with a UAS with redundancy. The Inspire 1 as you know do not do that, and generally that safty redundancy gives can be discuss how effective it is on a DJI S900 or S1000 - it helps at least not by short-circuit, flyaway and at low altitude problems.

I have found a system that appeals to me because it does not use either spring or pyro technique to get the parachute out, and then it is not so costly.

The system comes from the company Opale Paremodels and can be seen here:

Parachute Kit for DJI Inspire 1

The system uses a ordinary servo to open a small folding door up and the parachute comes out.

It's no problem for me to put a battery, a receiver and a ordinary transmitter and get it to work. That way will also offers the advantage of the system is completely independent of the Inspire 1 and its transmitter.

But it is quite impractical to have an additional transmitter in the field, and the question is also whether I have time to react if a propeller, motor or ESC break down in 50 meters height, if I first have to get hold of the second transmitter and then release the parachute.

I assume that it is not possible to connect an additional servo to Inspire 1 flight controller and operate it from Dji remote controller.

Are there anyone who have a good idea for a 1CH RC system where the transmitter is so small that it can be placed on the side or back of the INSPIRE 1 remote controller?

I've looked at these cheap wireless remote rc switch but I do not think it is a solution, as the range is quite short and I do not think you can just connect a ordinary servo to this system. I would like to have a range of at least 500 meters, and a 2,4 GHz system will be preferable

In Denmark we have rules about overflight of people, with only can take place with a UAS with redundancy. The Inspire 1 as you know do not do that, and generally that safty redundancy gives can be discuss how effective it is on a DJI S900 or S1000 - it helps at least not by short-circuit, flyaway and at low altitude problems.

I'm liking the idea, but the execution leaves a little to much to the imagination. Would like to see a few deployment videos with arms in different positions. Curiously I wonder how the cords will remain out of the props.

I'm liking the idea, but the execution leaves a little to much to the imagination. Would like to see a few deployment videos with arms in different positions. Curiously I wonder how the cords will remain out of the props.

They have made this video that explain a little about that.

My thought is to simply turn off the motors if one prop or motor sets out and then activate the parachute.

User manual:

http://www.opale-paramodels.com/media/manuel/Notice Parachute DJI Inspire EN.pdf

"Is there any risk that the Inspire 1 propellers cut the parachute bridle during the deployment? Do engines turn themselves off beforehand?
No, there is not any risk because the system is planned to eject the parachute with the engines in high position and in low position. Engines will turn off in a few seconds while Inspire 1 flight module will be out of control. "

The problem you have is the Inspire system does not allow you to 'tap' into the channel mapping as other standard 2.4ghz systems do. To have any chance of this working (and I notice the website gives no indication how this wonderful 15 minute install system works with the Inspire TX!) you would have to utilise a standard 2.4ghz control long (Futaba etc) to get any sort of sensible range out of it.
The additional RX/TX would have to be powered up continuously to maintain the handshake and data packet validation to keep a 2.4ghz FHSS link alive.
You would then have another 100mW EIRP TX radiating rf in the same spectrum as the Inspire TX in very close proximity.

you would have to utilise a standard 2.4ghz control long (Futaba etc) to get any sort of sensible range out of it.

That is pretty much what I have figured out.

The additional RX/TX would have to be powered up continuously to maintain the handshake and data packet validation to keep a 2.4ghz FHSS link alive.

Yes, it will be a complet independently system with battery, receiver and transmitter. I figure the will be more safe, if fore instans the battery breakdown or any thing like that happen.

You would then have another 100mW EIRP TX radiating rf in the same spectrum as the Inspire TX in very close proximity.

I am not too worried about that. We have lots off interference on the 2,4 GHz band, you have lots of people flying Inspire 1 end Phantom 3, with wi-fi on, both one Ipad/tablet and maybe also a Cellphone in the pocket. And offen you see Inspire 1 flying withe other multicopter or RC plans. I think it is more a theoretical problem with interference than a practical problem to have more TX/RX in close proximity.

Do you know of a transmitter produkt, that is not more than an antenna, with a small button that vil work with a RX receiver ? - that is in fact what I am looking for.

I have found a system that appeals to me because it does not use either spring or pyro technique to get the parachute out, and then it is not so costly.

The system comes from the company Opale Paremodels and can be seen here:

Parachute Kit for DJI Inspire 1

The system uses a ordinary servo to open a small folding door up and the parachute comes out.

It's no problem for me to put a battery, a receiver and a ordinary transmitter and get it to work. That way will also offers the advantage of the system is completely independent of the Inspire 1 and its transmitter.

But it is quite impractical to have an additional transmitter in the field, and the question is also whether I have time to react if a propeller, motor or ESC break down in 50 meters height, if I first have to get hold of the second transmitter and then release the parachute.

I assume that it is not possible to connect an additional servo to Inspire 1 flight controller and operate it from Dji remote controller.

Are there anyone who have a good idea for a 1CH RC system where the transmitter is so small that it can be placed on the side or back of the INSPIRE 1 remote controller?

I've looked at these cheap wireless remote rc switch but I do not think it is a solution, as the range is quite short and I do not think you can just connect a ordinary servo to this system. I would like to have a range of at least 500 meters, and a 2,4 GHz system will be preferable

I would also be very interested in a simple 1 channel RX/TX solution to use with a parachute on the Inspire 1. I have also ordered the Opale Paramodels Kit.
I'm interested in your experience.

Opale made his remote to release the parachute:

CottonClub,
I too have been interested in this solution but I do find it odd that Opale will create lengthy videos on the installation of the parachute system and its remote trigger but have not distributed a in-depth video showing an Inspire 1 safely rescued by their product. I don't want to be so cynical but common sense would dictate that if you want someone to purchase your product give them some proof that it works - where's the pudding?

KnightOwl

I see what you mean, I think they will do a deployment test, they dit it for all the other parachute kits...If i posted the video, it was for the members who were looking for a solution to deploy the chute. ;).

whatever parachute u may use. get the manual trigger device. the Mayday board may trigger or deploy the parachute prematurely.
Please only post once. Multiple posting of the same post is against our rules.
People will see your content - once is sufficient. I have deleted your other four duplicate postings.

Thank You

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry