Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Holding off on purchase, what do you suggest.

Loctite? U did not use any Loctite. Cyanoacrylate is basically a superglue. Just search it up on YT channel. There are several videos how to do this mod, this is one

great idea, did you have to re-balance the props after?

great idea, did you have to re-balance the props after?
No, not at all. It is such a tiny amount of weight. You just have to be very carefull with the glue, so it stays only on the top flat area of the hub external walls, exactly as on the video, and that it does not run down inside or outside of the hub.

Last edited:
Cendence is great. Lot of money though. I bought a kit where you could substitute the regular ground station for the cendence for 1/2 the price.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Welcome @Doc1500, you have a nice list going. Some of us would recommend the 12mm along with the 45mm to start with. Starting with the 25 might keep your shots a bit on the tight side. The perfect scenario would be to have all 4, 12,17, 25 and 45.

A total of 6 batteries is a good start. Depending on the amount you ned to fly the Battery Charging Station is an amazing device to keep you flying all day.

You are on track with the balancing rings but with the addition of UV or ND filters you will have go back and forth between balancing and nd filters to achieve perfect balance. You can also purchase a step up ring for the 45mm lens so filters can be interchangeable between all the Olympus versions.

The 5.8 CS is a wonderful device although a little small for all you may want to see on the screen for an Inspire 2.

Do you plan on any type of protective case besides the stock case?
Great advice and I’m trying to build the exact same thing with my Inspire 2. Once again Florida Drone Supply comes through!!

Has anyone found an adequate case for protection for I2 without costing an arm and a leg?
I purchased a landing mode case from Drone Crates last year for $549. It’s not the best one for storing all your gear but it does the job for me after a little modification. Having a landing mode case makes it very easy/quick to get up in the air without having to take the I2 out of travel mode. And if you’re willing to take a chance on leaving your camera attached (not recommended) then it’s even quicker to get up flying.

$ 550 is a lot of protection
Michael from Florida Drone Supply is not steering you wrong. You're wanting to buy a Ferrari but store it in a Survivor grass lean-to. When you get your bird and put it to work, you will quickly realize that having to place it in travel mode and removing / installing the gimbal all the time to store in the original case is not a good use of time at site and also unintended wear on components and connections.
Here is a real life orifice puckering experience I had with the original case. I was reinstalling the gimbal with my 45mm lens and fumbled it - fortunately I caught it before it hit but if I would have had the GPC Landing mode case the gimbal would not have needed to be installed and I wouldn't have had to change my underwear. I realized I could have lost the equipment AND the client - so this is why I think the GPC case is worth its weight in gold.

Michael from Florida Drone Supply is not steering you wrong. You're wanting to buy a Ferrari but store it in a Survivor grass lean-to. When you get your bird and put it to work, you will quickly realize that having to place it in travel mode and removing / installing the gimbal all the time to store in the original case is not a good use of time at site and also unintended wear on components and connections.
Here is a real life orifice puckering experience I had with the original case. I was reinstalling the gimbal with my 45mm lens and fumbled it - fortunately I caught it before it hit but if I would have had the GPC Landing mode case the gimbal would not have needed to be installed and I wouldn't have had to change my underwear. I realized I could have lost the equipment AND the client - so this is why I think the GPC case is worth its weight in gold.
Thank you very much for that advice.

Here is my revised list , did I miss anything ? Or is there anything on the list that I don't need ? tell me what you guys think.....

MAIN AIRFRAME
DJI-I2BU 1
DJI Inspire 2 - Base Unit Kit
CAMERA / PAYLOAD
DJI Zenmuse X5S Gimbal and Camera (Lens
Excluded) - Part 1
DJI-X5SP1 1
OLY-17MMB 1
Olympus m.zuiko 17 mm f1.8 lens black
OLY-25MMB 1
Olympus m.zuiko 25mm f1.8 Lens (Black)
OLY-45MMB 1
Olympus m.zuiko 45mm f1.8 Lens (Black)
DJI Zenmuse X5S Balancing Ring for Olympus
12mm, 17mm, 25mm - Part 6
DJI-X5SP6 1
45mm - Part 4
DJI-X5SP4 1
POWER
DJI-I2TB50 4
DJI Inspire 2 TB50 Intelligent Flight Battery
ACCESSORIES
SES-3746 1
Sensei 37mm to 46mm Filter Step-Up Ring (Black)
(CUSTOM) PolarPro Zenmuse X5/X5R/X5S/X7 Filter
3-Pack Set (ND8/ND16/ND32)
PP-CSTI2 1
GPC Inspire 2 Landing Mode Case V2
(accommodates CrystalSky & Cendence)
GPC-I2LM2 1
DJI-CS7H 1
DJI CrystalSky 7.85" High Brightness Monitor
FREE ADD-ONS -
HM-LP5 1 0.00 0.00T Hoodman Landing Pad - 5 Feet
DJI CrystalSky Monitor Hood + Cover Combo for
7.85" Display
DJI-CSP7 1 0.00 0.00T

Any DJI authorized vendors are encouraged to send me a PM with your quote on the items above.

Last edited:
Here is my revised list , did I miss anything ? Or is there anything on the list that I don't need ? tell me what you guys think.....

MAIN AIRFRAME
DJI-I2BU 1
DJI Inspire 2 - Base Unit Kit
CAMERA / PAYLOAD
DJI Zenmuse X5S Gimbal and Camera (Lens
Excluded) - Part 1
DJI-X5SP1 1
OLY-17MMB 1
Olympus m.zuiko 17 mm f1.8 lens black
OLY-25MMB 1
Olympus m.zuiko 25mm f1.8 Lens (Black)
OLY-45MMB 1
Olympus m.zuiko 45mm f1.8 Lens (Black)
12mm, 17mm, 25mm - Part 6
DJI-X5SP6 1
45mm - Part 4
DJI-X5SP4 1
POWER
DJI-I2TB50 4
DJI Inspire 2 TB50 Intelligent Flight Battery
ACCESSORIES
SES-3746 1
Sensei 37mm to 46mm Filter Step-Up Ring (Black)
(CUSTOM) PolarPro Zenmuse X5/X5R/X5S/X7 Filter
3-Pack Set (ND8/ND16/ND32)
PP-CSTI2 1
GPC Inspire 2 Landing Mode Case V2
(accommodates CrystalSky & Cendence)
GPC-I2LM2 1
DJI-CS7H 1
DJI CrystalSky 7.85" High Brightness Monitor
FREE ADD-ONS -
HM-LP5 1 0.00 0.00T Hoodman Landing Pad - 5 Feet
DJI CrystalSky Monitor Hood + Cover Combo for
7.85" Display
DJI-CSP7 1 0.00 0.00T

Any DJI authorized vendors are encouraged to send me a PM with your quote on the items above.
It looks like you’ve got it covered for all the accessories you’ll need for flying your I2. I’ve got pretty much all of those things and I use all of them at one point or another. Especially the extra lenses will come in handy for you.

It looks like you’ve got it covered for all the accessories you’ll need for flying your I2. I’ve got pretty much all of those things and I use all of them at one point or another. Especially the extra lenses will come in handy for you.
Thanks for the cheering section,
I just want to get this right before I make the purchase.

Thanks for the cheering section,
I just want to get this right before I make the purchase.
I absolutely agree with you about wanting to get it right the first time. I jumped in and really didn’t do my homework like you’re doing so I applaud you for taking your time and asking questions about everything before you make such a large purchase.
One thing that I did do is get a package deal with 6 batteries because without the extra batteries you won’t be able to fly for very long and that’s the only way you’re gonna understand how to use all your different settings, which lenses you prefer, which ND filters do what you want them to, etc.
So once again take your time and get it done right the first time. And you’re gonna love the Inspire 2!! It’s an awesome piece of flying machine. And be ready for constant studying on YouTube about everything you’ll need to learn. My tutorials playlist on YouTube about everything that is involved with the Inspire 2 is HUGE and I constantly go back and watch them time and time again as a refresher!!

I absolutely agree with you about wanting to get it right the first time. I jumped in and really didn’t do my homework like you’re doing so I applaud you for taking your time and asking questions about everything before you make such a large purchase.
One thing that I did do is get a package deal with 6 batteries because without the extra batteries you won’t be able to fly for very long and that’s the only way you’re gonna understand how to use all your different settings, which lenses you prefer, which ND filters do what you want them to, etc.
So once again take your time and get it done right the first time. And you’re gonna love the Inspire 2!! It’s an awesome piece of flying machine. And be ready for constant studying on YouTube about everything you’ll need to learn. My tutorials playlist on YouTube about everything that is involved with the Inspire 2 is HUGE and I constantly go back and watch them time and time again as a refresher!!
Yep, I'm getting 6 batteries .
I will probably order the entire package I posted, Advexure gave me a great deal.

Yep, I'm getting 6 batteries .
I will probably order the entire package I posted, Advexure gave me a great deal.
Good for you. I haven’t ever bought anything from Advexure so I don’t know how they operate. I usually purchase all my drone equipment from Florida Drone Supply as they have been very good to me. You might want to check them out and see if they’ve got a better deal. Just letting you know my opinion.

Well guys have a family crisis my Inspire purchase and future with inspire maybe gone now.
What are you going to do family comes first.
I thank you all very much for the information that you've given me.
Doc

Reactions: Jlarcher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet