Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hot Pixels??

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of what these marks are on my image. I am assuming the marks are coming from sensor or in the cinecore processor. This is from an X5S and a 12 mm lens on an Inspire 2. The sensor looks clean from a visual inspection.

Spots.jpg

On my x4s, I get occasional colorful raindrops when shooting video. I posted a cloud video @1:16.
Sunny day or cloudy I get the same effect.

Photos likewise, I concluded it was filter related.
sheeesh I guess not:(

If I post the video with the Green Angel or stationary trees doing Ken Burns effects, which I didnt apply, might blow your dome.

Spooky:eek:

You have multi colored hot pixels (if that is what they are).

Not on all photos, I’ll be honest about that.

We got different cameras, lenses, sensors so what could the cause be?

I’m going to buy a real camera because to practice/perfect my craft like this is a turn off at times.

Stay up Mr. SanCap, your cloud photos inspired me a lot, love your work.

Reactions: SanCap
I am not sure what is causing it yet, I just did a firmware refresh and will see if that changes anything. I have a ground camera that uses the same lenses as my X5S.

Anyone have an idea of what these marks are on my image. I am assuming the marks are coming from sensor or in the cinecore processor. This is from an X5S and a 12 mm lens on an Inspire 2. The sensor looks clean from a visual inspection.

View attachment 20199
Different, but possibly related? I started getting dancing black pixels and DJI has of course been no help whatsoever. If you’re interested, here is a link to a thread that I started with samples. Help? Dancing black and white dots.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Different, but possibly related? I started getting dancing black pixels and DJI has of course been no help whatsoever. If you’re interested, here is a link to a thread that I started with samples. Help? Dancing black and white dots.

I think I may have found an issue with the gimbal vibration isolation , I am going to replace it and see if the issue goes away.

I saw this on my Canon Mk II after about 1-1/2 yrs and a lot of use. In my case they were dead pixels which I could do nothing about so I used Boris FX with Premiere Pro in post to mask out the dead pixels. In some cameras they have built in tools to perform the masking while shooting but I doubt that is the case with the X5S... Looking at your image though it almost seems that it could be dust or something on the sensor. I know that you said that the sensor looked clear. Never the less I would do a correct cleaning or at least a good blowing of the sensor with a blower you squeeze with your hand not the canister blowers, they can cause damage to the CMOS sensor.

Let us know what you find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions