Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How can i test my flight controller and ESC main board

Reaction score
So i have been told either my flight controller or ESC main board are faulty. Is there a way to test one or both to confirm?

Thanks

Can you specify which drone?

I believe, as far as I know, the Inspire drones have a flight controller with 4 separate ESCs so theoretically, you should be able to easily swap ESC boards as a troubleshooting method.

Can you specify which drone?

I believe, as far as I know, the Inspire drones have a flight controller with 4 separate ESCs so theoretically, you should be able to easily swap ESC boards as a troubleshooting method.
Thanks

it is the inspire 1 V2. Last night, on the ground it is fine, after take off all battery levels drop to critical low level, very unstable and it auto lands. thought it may be the battery so i tried a 2nd one. same results.

What they are referring to as a "ESC Main Board" is more than likely the main power board that the battery connects to.

Considering that board is much cheaper than the Lightbridge Controller, I would start there, order up a replacement, swap it in and if that doesn't work, then replace the Lightbridge Controller.

What you are describing could be either.

What was the failure mode? Did this thing land in water? Did it start out of the blue?

You have given ZERO background as to what happened and thus the ability to troubleshoot is limited.

Did you just buy it as a damaged aircraft? Did you crash it? Etc, Etc...

What they are referring to as a "ESC Main Board" is more than likely the main power board that the battery connects to.

Considering that board is much cheaper than the Lightbridge Controller, I would start there, order up a replacement, swap it in and if that doesn't work, then replace the Lightbridge Controller.

What you are describing could be either.

What was the failure mode? Did this thing land in water? Did it start out of the blue?

You have given ZERO background as to what happened and thus the ability to troubleshoot is limited.

Did you just buy it as a damaged aircraft? Did you crash it? Etc, Etc...
No water, and pretty much started up and escalated very quickly. It was working perfectly and NO cashes. I attached a picture of what happens with the battery levels after take off.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
Honestly, looks like a bad battery.

Nothing will cause the cells to report imbalanced like that unless the battery has an issue.

Did the battery freeze? Get overheated in the sun somehow?

Personally I would get a hold of a "known good" battery and see if it does the same thing. If not then you know the batteries are the problem.

Could be a faulty battery charger fried the smart boards in the batteries.

There are LOTS of points of failure for batteries. I personally have no less than 6 different battery chargers for my three Inspire 1 setups.

Honestly, don't look at anything else, verify the batteries are either bad or good by getting with someone who owns an Inspire 1 and trying out what you have.

Otherwise, contact DJI and send the batteries in for service. If they come back as "good" then you know it is the aircraft. If they come back as "bad" you know the it is the batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44