Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How Cold is Cold

Reaction score
Texas here wanna take the I1 tomorrow temp will be in lower 40 F 10 mph wind wondering about the batteries any special care I have to take? usually I fly in the 60 in winter and 90's in summer?
Thanks

I flew yesterday here in SLC area with temps about 34F and had no problem. I'd keep the batteries in the car/truck. Another idea is to heat them up a bit to maybe 80F-90F and then put them in a cooler to keep them warm.

When you go to fly keep the batteries in the cooler until just before you're ready to fly, have everything else ready, and then take the battery out of the cooler and put right into the copter and fire up right away, cal the compass, and then take off right after that.

When I flew yesterday the plot of battery temperature went from 57F and dropped to 55.7F while I was calibrating the compass, and then increased in temp as I flew it. At the end of the 8 minute flight the battery temp was 87F so it gained more than 30F in 8 minutes.

Brian

thanks Brian, looking ffw to get the 1I up! been 2 weeks now only flow 4 times on 50% batt limit breaking them off ,will be cold (under 50);) here in Htown but hope i can take a nice sunset jpg

Texas?
Pfft try northern Alberta in the dead of winter, -28 Celsius
Just gotta watch the cell voltage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi