Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you find flying spots in the UK?

Mark, your English leaves a lot to be desired, when you say fly off, I thought you made a grammatical mistake and meant fly over, now if you had said take off......

Mark, your English leaves a lot to be desired, when you say fly off, I thought you made a grammatical mistake and meant fly over, now if you had said take off......

Probably the auto correct on the stupid iPad

Keeps changing wording

But yes I'll agree with you

But fly off is the same as take off, I never said over :)

Some BMFA clubs 'fly off' over controlled airspace specially in London ... best bet is to find a friendly farmer in the Romford area .. plenty of barley fields!

Some BMFA clubs 'fly off' over controlled airspace specially in London ... best bet is to find a friendly farmer in the Romford area .. plenty of barley fields!

Most clubs if set up right have planning permission to be where they are..

I am really struggling with finding a place to fly my Inspire in Essex around the Loughton area. I am also happy to drive a few miles out in the country side to fly, but where?

We have loads of open green space around the area, but how do you know if you are allowed to fly there?

Epping Forest which is right on my doorstep seemed a good option until I read the bylaws. There are loads of open fields in the area with public walking paths etc and big enough to well out of anyone's way. No issues with staying within the CAA rules. But how do you know who owns the land? Does there have to be signs at the access points?

I would like to know how other people approach this.

I have an arrangement with a local rugby club - they let me practise there if I contact the groundsman the day before.

I am really struggling with finding a place to fly my Inspire in Essex around the Loughton area. I am also happy to drive a few miles out in the country side to fly, but where?

We have loads of open green space around the area, but how do you know if you are allowed to fly there?

Epping Forest which is right on my doorstep seemed a good option until I read the bylaws. There are loads of open fields in the area with public walking paths etc and big enough to well out of anyone's way. No issues with staying within the CAA rules. But how do you know who owns the land? Does there have to be signs at the access points?

I would like to know how other people approach this.

I would like to offer free use of a one acre plot I have in NORFOLK NR19 2LZ to anyone wanting to fly a drone, (or camp BBQ etc)
No catch, I just need the land to be used for anything. If you contact me I will give a letter of permission and directions.

I fly where it's safe really. If your not staying there all day you should be fine. May not be the right thing to do but life's to short. Anyway how do you know who owns the land, it's not like they have left there contact details! Just be safe and respect who's there all ready. I got some great photos of a castle last week, just stayed back and took off from an empty field, no drama and no one come over. Enjoy your flying and be happy:))

This experience looks great yaa life is too short :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg