Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How long will Inspire 2 stay on with motors not running?

Reaction score
I can do a test but thought I would ask. Anyone know how long the inspire 2 will stay on if the motors are not running? (ie 2-3 hours?) I am needing to do a time lapse. My idea was to take off and land from the vantage point I needed (60 second flight), kill the motors and just record the time lapse, then take back off again before the batteries get too low to take off and land back and original take off point. Any feedback on this will be appreciated.

I can do a test but thought I would ask. Anyone know how long the inspire 2 will stay on if the motors are not running? (ie 2-3 hours?) I am needing to do a time lapse. My idea was to take off and land from the vantage point I needed (60 second flight), kill the motors and just record the time lapse, then take back off again before the batteries get too low to take off and land back and original take off point. Any feedback on this will be appreciated.
I don't know, perhaps 2-3 hrs indeed. Keep in mind that the camera and Cinecore module itself is draining significant amount of power, even in stand-by mode. Luckily you have access to battery status all the time. I strongly suggest to test your idea first in wide open, easily accessible field. Firstly, you'll need to find a landing spot at destination sufficient to not obstruct camera view. Difficult enough, since camera will sit a mere centimetres above ground. Most likely you'll see only grass/dirt and sky above. Secondly, the gimbal may not hold position rock steady, wandering slightly around. Image stabilization in post may do the trick.

However, the real danger is when you loose RC connection after or during landing at destination. 60 sec flight may render 1 km distance ... Manageable with VLOS, but once you attempt to land, the connection may deteriorate greatly to the point of dreadful "Aircraft Disconnected" message. That's OK, if you can walk up there and rescue your trapped bird. In theory, if you can spot parked Inspire with binoculars, it may work. I'm not sure how software will react in such situation ... RC may beep you as well, confused by lack of commands ... Who knows, but ... keep us posted :)...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jourdango

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry