Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

how manys flying atti mode?

You right.. when things... go pear shaped atti mode is a game changer... if you realize things aren't right in time to switch.. I used to fly a TBS discovery before the inspire and I nearly always flew atti mode to get some where quick or if in GPS mode, and fail safe kicked in.. you could over ride a failed system to get back home

Only when really needed or useful. GPS is a great tool to help do the job so I make use of it anytime it's valuable, but always ready to switch to ATTI if needed. Hasn't happened yet in 7+ hours of flight.

ATTI isn't some mythical tough beast. It's not like MANUAL mode. It's just like GPS without position hold.

I've always found it weird how I hear "learn ATTI" as if the controls were not exactly the same as GPS. I exclusively use it once I'm above the trees, GPS for landing / filming jobs/tight spots .

Reactions: skylabimaging
I've only had my Inspire a week but if I'm not having to compose shots and think about camera moves I find flying Atti a lot more interesting. If your using the camera though GPS is great, it's always nice to know the Inspire is still where you left it.

GPS isn't great for video anyway. It's toto jerky. Atti is smooth and flowing. We all should be flying in atti. I'm always surprised when people just buy an Inspire with no previous experience. Buy a dang toy quad and learn how to fly nose in! Do figur 8s in your back yard with a small quad, when the stakes are much lower. Get the stick moves into your muscle memory so you don't blow your 3,000.00 investment because you didn't know how to actually fly. I tell ya, you young whippersnappers don't know how easy you got it! In my day (4 years ago) they didn't even have "atti" mode, much less GPS. You had to actually fly the dang thing, and it sucked! But you learned how to get out of trouble that's for sure. So, go by a toy quad and just do figure 8s for a few hours.

Chad is right.... i never trust of auto takeoff or anything... Atti is a must know of every rc pilot.... i do few month research mostly ppl claim flyaway or crash.. 90% are happen P-GPS mode while in atti mode are rarely crash.. unless Pilot error or Bad Setup / Per flight checked... When u feel comfortable with Atti mode... u can switch to ATTI anytime when u feel something weird is happen ... then everything is under your control...

and a must to invest a smaller quad perharps SYMA X5sc learn to fly in 8 , Hover , nose in hover , Try to fight with the wind... and do crazy stuff with small quad... before flying Inspire 1 ...

as for me inspire is very good also amazing performance on flying... and easy to control but it NEVER build for Beginner...

Wow - real macho Atti attitudes here!

Atti on a still day is entirely viable for the more experienced pilots but controlling the Inspire 1 in a wind is harder than a conventional quadcopter because of it's elongated body shape which when sideways on to a hard gusting wind makes the craft hard to control even in GPS mode, it acts as a sail, so in Atti mode if you loose concentration you are going to find your Inspire 100 metres away and gaining and any thought of controlling the camera in this situation goes out of the window.

I believe the elongated body shape is one of the main design faults of the Inspire 1 because that together with the camera gimbal presents a solid wall, totally unaerodynamic when side onto the wind so the thing to do is to turn into the wind, alter the camera position if required, and track sideways thereby presenting a lower profile.

Atti is a tool, GPS is a tool and there are times when both are entirely appropriate but to a new pilot flying in Atti is similar to shoving a learner driver onto a skid pan on their first lesson.

Reactions: tassieflyer
Skylab your reply really that suite u name a professional pilot n photographer :) i did the same as well haha.. especislly night time want to took night shot with long expo...

Now this is odd. I've flown my phantom 3 about 60 flights now and only in GPS mode. I think it's way cool. I come from a Heli background and did learn to fly the right way. Fly the rudder. So since I've gotten the phantom, only GPS mode so far. Sometimes I auto land. Sometimes I land myself. Majority hand catch.

So I ordered an inspire this weekend. Nice to see you guys and your perspective on mode. Maybe I'm putting my confidence in GPS too much but I still fly rudder on it and it stops on a dime and stays there. That's what I like about GPS mode. Interesting.

Now this is odd. I've flown my phantom 3 about 60 flights now and only in GPS mode. I think it's way cool. I come from a Heli background and did learn to fly the right way. Fly the rudder. So since I've gotten the phantom, only GPS mode so far. Sometimes I auto land. Sometimes I land myself. Majority hand catch.

So I ordered an inspire this weekend. Nice to see you guys and your perspective on mode. Maybe I'm putting my confidence in GPS too much but I still fly rudder on it and it stops on a dime and stays there. That's what I like about GPS mode. Interesting.

Stops even better in atti, I think anyway...I love braking the inspire, comin in hot at 55mph and just stoppin the pisss out of it, so awesome

Nothin wrong with GPS and sometimes I autoland, sometimes I RTH, I like to flex the inspires features from time to time, if nothing more than to remind myself I have them and they all still work the way they are supposed to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg