Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How slow can they fly?

Reaction score
1st post!! Apologies if this has been asked, just haven't seen this asked before. How slow can an inspire 1 fly? Have flow one a few times, can't afford to buy one yet so have not experimented with regards to this.

It can fly quite slowly. It depends on a few factors like how you have your remote set up with regard to Expos and how light your touch on the sticks is. Wind can spoil a nice slow, smooth run with a random gust though. If you use some of the automated flight features like POI or Waypoints you can specify how slow or fast you want the Inspire 1 to fly and it can go quite slowly if you want it to.

1st post!! Apologies if this has been asked, just haven't seen this asked before. How slow can an inspire 1 fly? Have flow one a few times, can't afford to buy one yet so have not experimented with regards to this.
Very slowly (and controlled).
This is the advantage of the Inspire platform over any of the Phantoms or smaller quads. Because of its larger mass a slow 'crawl' is possible.

Well they can hover in 1 spot. So 0km/h ? Basically as slow as you want. But learning to fly in ATTI mode is something everyone should learn when the automated flight systems stop working (ie drops GPS lock etc.)

Ben

The flatter the curve around center stick the "slower" movement you can do. I use .20 for all 3. I like manually shooting 360 Spherical Panos and slight stick movement around center stick doesn't move the Inspire much.

Ben

The flatter the curve around center stick the "slower" movement you can do. I use .20 for all 3. I like manually shooting 360 Spherical Panos and slight stick movement around center stick doesn't move the Inspire much.

Ben
Not quite certain what this means as I haven't yet tweaked the sensitivity of the sticks. Would you still be able to move away quickly if need be with these settings to say return home. My I1p is unable to keep a level horizon either by rotating the craft or the gimbal any suggestions.

Not quite certain what this means as I haven't yet tweaked the sensitivity of the sticks. Would you still be able to move away quickly if need be with these settings to say return home. My I1p is unable to keep a level horizon either by rotating the craft or the gimbal any suggestions.

These settings effect how much stick movement does X. It's the same for all RC controlled aircraft, cars etc.. Full stick is still full control, but the flatter it is, the slower the reaction time. It basically makes the Inspire Lazy in simple terms. For my situation since I'm using Rudder to do my panos, I could just make the Rudder expo flat.

If your having gimbal issues when flying it's a known issue with the current gimbals. If your issue is the Inspire hovers on an angle you gotta do an IMU calibration on a level surface and your compass can cause weird issues.

Ben

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry