Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to compete?

Reaction score
**** dude, take a chill pill. This is what you said and it was all I had to go on. It implies that you used your drone to find a pipe for someone, for a commercial reason as you had to tell them you wouldn’t be paid or even tipped. That means someone offered to pay you to do something with your drone. All of that implies a commercial transaction occurred wether you knew it, or intended it, or not.

That’s all...if it didn’t happen that way, fine.
It was a question I was asking. That's all. Is the sight for asking questions or not.

Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
It was a question I was asking. That's all. Is the sight for asking questions or not.
It’s not for me to say what the site is and isn’t for.....that’s up to the owners/admins/mods.

The biggest problem with this form of communication is it’s lack of efficiency. The written word is susceptible to individual interpretation and that may be completely different than intended. We lack the face to face value of body language, voice inflection, immediate feedback and clarification....all those little things that guide a conversation. What is written is all we have to go on, and the slightest omission can turn a thread in a direction never intended.

It’s best to include as much initial information as possible and accept that any misinterpretations will simply need further clarification and more information.

Reactions: jacob.c
Reaction score
You did everything right except market research BEFORE purchasing your drone.
That's the problem, I THOUGHT I had done my research....but I unknowingly only did research for the LEGAL people in the area.

When deciding to invest this kind of money, I did research on registered pilots in my area as well as registered businesses and nothing came up. I asked around the area both in person and on social media sites for contacts for people that do drone photography and nobody had any names to give me because they hadn't heard of people doing it in my area so I thought I was good to go.

Fast forward to my current situation where there are a handful of people doing it....but again, they aren't registered, they aren't even a registered business paying taxes on said work.

I think I'll keep the bird just to do smaller jobs after I get my part 107 and because my son and I enjoy it anyway.

Reaction score
I bought an inpire 2 with the x4s and a crystalsky ultra in hopes that my son and I would start a business together.

I registered our business, started a bank account, got a website, and business cards.....we were set other than my part 107 license. We had started doing free jobs to get our name out and to start building a portfolio. We had a business plan and had settled on pricing and were going to remodel a room in the front of our house to serve as an office for.clients to come to.

Fast forward a couple of months and now it seems there are now 3-4 other people in our town flying drones that are offering their services.... however they only operate through Facebook, aren't part 107 certified, not a registered business, and will do ANYTHING people want including flying at night, flying over people, flying at sporting events over crowds in the bleachers, etc.....and all for like $50 a job.

How can someone that is legitimately trying to go about things the legal way compete against things like this?

It was so disheartening to find this out after investing so much time, effort, and money into this that I've all but given up hope and will probably sell.off all my stuff and cut my losses.
I'm wondering? How are you getting along now? Any progress?

Reaction score
I want to thank the original poster and all the commenters on this thread. It was an entertaining education to say the least. Thank you all!

Reactions: rbycapri

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndreasOberg