Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to increase the range of the slave remote for a Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a Inspire 2 with two Cendence remote controllers (pilot and slave). When flying, the slave remote controller occasionally disconnects from the from Inspire. This results in the remote losing its video feed for a few seconds until it reconnects. This issue occurs when the slave remote controller is more than 4 meters away from the pilots remote. This is where I have a few questions. First, is this a problem with the aircraft and Cendence remote controllers? If this issue is not a problem with the drone or remotes, is there any way to boost the signal of the remotes so the camera operator (slave) can stand away from the pilot?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

My setup is the same; I have (2) cendence controllers and the range on the slave controller is a very short distance. The camera operator (slave controller) always has to stand close the pilot (master controller).

Is this normal ?

Thanks for any ideas or input

For anyone looking for answers, the short answer is no. They communicate using wifi or bluetooth as I recall, and the range is quite short so you have to stay close together. :(

My setup is the same; I have (2) cendence controllers and the range on the slave controller is a very short distance. The camera operator (slave controller) always has to stand close the pilot (master controller).

Is this normal ?

Thanks for any ideas or input

You can increase the distance slightly but the controllers need to be pointing directly at each other. There is a small patch antenna in the front panel of the controller. You can increase the distance to 100 meters using the multilink mentioned.

Reactions: Killboydotcom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth