Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to insure no helicopter will every be forced to land because of a drone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I'm asking. I guess you don't know, either.

Only I do know. It's part of the basic knowledge that you have to have to possess any manned flight certificate

I get that. But I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. The FAA has created rules, regulations and published the Helicopter Height Velocity Diagram to cover all or most flight situations. If you don't agree with the HHVD, you can take up with the FAA.

That height velocity diagram that you are hanging on your entire argument is an EXAMPLE, it's not all-encompassing and the FAA isn't presenting it as one. they are presenting it as an EXAMPLE. You don't seem to understand that

I disagree. You hide behind a 100 page document like you know something we don't. I've yet to hear you quote a single line from that document. Not one. I submit that you know it no better than I do. If this argument were turned around, I would direct you to the part, the subpart and even the line germane to this conversation. But you don't do that because you don't know it.

I don't hide behind anything and its 1184 pages. I don't quote them FAR's because you don't understand them. if you truly wanted to make your argument you would cite actual regulations yet you can't/. Airspace speed limits is a great example. You don't know if there are any, and you could find out by cracking open a FAR/AIM....

The fact that you would even remotely suggest that manned aircraft do NOT have to "mitigate risk" because "that's the sole responsibility of a drone" tells me you know A LOT less about aviation than you claim to.

I never said that manned aircraft "do NOT have to "Mitigate risk"" we have to do that every day on every flight. it's part of ADM (which I'm going to guess you don't know what that is"

So your position is that manned aircraft don't have to change course to avoid drones??? Okay....I think I know a couple pilots who disagree with you. In fact, full scale aviation has been grounded during rescue operations due to drone activity. So it seems manned aviation DOES make an effort to avoid drones.

Manned aviation has been grounded due to rescue operations BECAUSE Drone operators have not adhered to the regulations and have exhibited zero risk mitigation and poor ADM. Not because the drones were flying legally

Agreed! I'm glad we agree on something. However, worth noting, you will no longer be able to fly your helicopter @ 125 knots below 400'. Regulating manned aircraft speed at low altitudes with be PART OF THE RISK MITIGATION. Like it or not, that is what's coming down the pike. I give it 10 years. The FAA will never sign off on putting 100% avoidance responsibility on an autonomous drone. Congress will push the FAA to make concessions for the new technology. And boo-hoo, you will have to fly your helicopter a little slower in SOME airspace. Cry me a river.

Only that's not going to happen. Your idea limits options for manned aircraft and since manned aircraft has the right of way that means drones will be limited.

Name one. Cite your source. Or is that also buried in Part 61...LOL....

You first. it's YOU that needs to educate yourself

There's no evidence to support this. Don't make your supposition a matter of fact. Cite your source.

There is plenty of evidence that a drone can take out a manned aircraft

That's the pot calling the kettle black, Mr. "Part 61." You're the king of vaguery.

All these words....not one single good argument against simply slowing down in lower air space. Not one.

I've beat this horse enough. I can't argue with someone who argues with their ego and not their intellect. In addition, I'm tired of repeating myself over and over. Respond to this if you want. I'm done. I've learned futility.

Sadly it's you arguing with your ego. you can't be bothered to read the FAR's and that's due to ego. Your "Flawless airspace idea" 1000% ego.

you have proven that you don't understand airspace. you don't understand why aircraft do what they do and you don't want to hear that you are wrong. You're right trying to educate you is an exercise in futility

Only I do know. It's part of the basic knowledge that you have to have to possess any manned flight certificate

That height velocity diagram that you are hanging on your entire argument is an EXAMPLE, it's not all-encompassing and the FAA isn't presenting it as one. they are presenting it as an EXAMPLE. You don't seem to understand that

I don't hide behind anything and its 1184 pages. I don't quote them FAR's because you don't understand them. if you truly wanted to make your argument you would cite actual regulations yet you can't/. Airspace speed limits is a great example. You don't know if there are any, and you could find out by cracking open a FAR/AIM....

I never said that manned aircraft "do NOT have to "Mitigate risk"" we have to do that every day on every flight. it's part of ADM (which I'm going to guess you don't know what that is"

Manned aviation has been grounded due to rescue operations BECAUSE Drone operators have not adhered to the regulations and have exhibited zero risk mitigation and poor ADM. Not because the drones were flying legally

Only that's not going to happen. Your idea limits options for manned aircraft and since manned aircraft has the right of way that means drones will be limited.

You first. it's YOU that needs to educate yourself

There is plenty of evidence that a drone can take out a manned aircraft

Sadly it's you arguing with your ego. you can't be bothered to read the FAR's and that's due to ego. Your "Flawless airspace idea" 1000% ego.

you have proven that you don't understand airspace. you don't understand why aircraft do what they do and you don't want to hear that you are wrong. You're right trying to educate you is an exercise in futility

Yawn.

**** Thread CLOSED****

We've cleaned up some posts and this thread is now closed.

If you can't be NICE then we ask you to refrain from posting in a thread at all!!

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan