Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to take a picture in 16:9 format, with inspire1?

Reaction score
Anybody have an explanation on how to take pictures in 16: 9 with inspire1 ???. Gets only 4: 3 format ;)

Anybody have an explanation on how to take pictures in 16: 9 with inspire1 ???. Gets only 4: 3 format ;)

Just use your photo editor to crop the image to 16:9. Having the sensor record the whole image is better than having the sensor crop in camera. More latitude in adjusting the crop to suit your preference, no?

Doesn't it capture the photos in 16:9 or 16:10? That's how mine are showing up

Not mine. They show as 4000x3000 pixel images in Lightroom 5.7. What editor are you using that shows your reported format? Check the Exif file to see how many pixels the image was recorded at.

Mine are 3992 x 2242. I was actually surprised that they were that resolution. Although to be fair I was also shooting in bracketed mode. That could make them a different resolution.

Mine are 3992 x 2242. I was actually surprised that they were that resolution. Although to be fair I was also shooting in bracketed mode. That could make them a different resolution.

I just shot a 3 exp bracket to check, and LR says they are either 4000x3000 or 3992x2992, so essentially the same 4:3 format. I was using RAW setting. I also did a bracket in JPG and RAW+JPG and they are all in 4:3. What photo editor are you using?

I'm also using lightroom. In Finder its showing a different frame size. My settings were RAW, bracketed and 4k@24fps video (I saw in a previous thread that someone said the photo resolution was set by which video resolution you went with - no clue if that's true)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 12.50.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 12.50.57 PM.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 27
the picture you show is the in 16.9. which options must have to capture in this format 3992 * 2242

[Quote = "jonathnsmith, post: 5068, medlem: 17624"]. Prøv å slå den videoen til til 4k / 24fps alternativ, og se om det endrer noe [/ quote]

[Quote = "jonathnsmith, post: 5068, medlem: 17624"]. Prøv å slå den videoen til til 4k / 24fps alternativ, og se om det endrer noe [/ quote]

Can you check in style tab if it is checked for landscape or custom or soft or standard?

Cinestar 8, with RED gimbal, Phantom 1 ( damaged and retired in Special Effects, effect), S800 ( damaged and retired in Special Effects, effect), Phantom 2 with Go-pro 3, Phantom 2, with Go-Pro 3, Heliscan 8 ( own design) have attachments to carry gimbal and camera for the following. Sony Nex 5, LUMIX GH3, LUMIX GH4.+ retract legs.
S900 with any of the above, and Inspire 1.
Best job so far "24"
Moving onto " Star Wars" February 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cinestar 8, with RED gimbal, Phantom 1 ( damaged and retired in Special Effects, effect), S800 ( damaged and retired in Special Effects, effect), Phantom 2 with Go-pro 3, Phantom 2, with Go-Pro 3, Heliscan 8 ( own design) have attachments to carry gimbal and camera for the following. Sony Nex 5, LUMIX GH3, LUMIX GH4.+ retract legs.
S900 with any of the above, and Inspire 1.
Best job so far "24"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heliscan, what does your post mean. Is it a resume? How is it germane to this thread?

How do you do bracketed photos? I have looked for this setting on my galaxy tab s, Is this available in the Android app?

Its really incredible that you're shooting for Star Wars in February since they wrapped production already.

I took more bracketed photos on a flight this afternoon and they're in 4:3. I have no clue how I got that other resolution since I haven't touched my settings

Its really incredible that you're shooting for Star Wars in February since they wrapped production already.

:rolleyes:

I took more bracketed photos on a flight this afternoon and they're in 4:3. I have no clue how I got that other resolution since I haven't touched my settings

;)

Thanks, I have been making "bracketed" photos on the 5 picture setting and I seem to only get 1 photo out. I tried adjusting the photos in lightroom thinking maybe the 1 DNG file has all 3 photos in it, but the dynamic range is normal. I have it set to DNG + Jpg is that an issue?

How do I get HDRs?

It seems that the 3,992 x 2,992 resolution (12MP) is only available if you are shooting from a tablet (just confirmed with an iPad). The file when the Inspire 1 is controlled from an iPhone (6 Plus) is cropped (By the 'smarts' in the camera - not user selectable) to 3,992 x 2,242 (9MP), so by using a tablet to fly the Inspire you can get 33% more pixels than from an iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry