Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HPRC Inspire 2 case review - (INS2-4600W-01 )

I screwed up in my comment...I got the backpack, not the hard case. This case looks good - DJI Inspire 2 Case - Travel Mode w/ Wheels

I saw this DroneCates case for the first time come through our building with an aircraft coming in for repair and they are great quality. Capacity of 8 batteries (although I didn't see where the other two slots are as there are 4 visible + 2 on aircraft + additional 2 elsewhere). Quality is there and looks like the price is as well. Only downside (which is no longer that much of a downside) is it's travel mode. Same size SKB case as GPC uses for their Landing Mode Case.

Is there some advantage to Landing Mode vs. Travel mode?
Yes, it's much easier to get in the air quickly as the drone is already set up with gimbal attached. All you've got to do is put the props on. It's changed my life. I may have missed this shot without it as I'd still have been setting up :)

780602ae6215107e2fd4b99282810cc3.jpg

Does anyone here have any experience with this case and Crystal Sky monitors or the Cendance remote or the Patch antenna for Cendance or X7 or the X7 Lens kit?

Hi Mate. There are two cutout pieces from the second controller section. I am cutting those up and using the pieces to plug the bottom. I'll post a picture when its finished.

This is what I plan to do... Going to do this as soon as the case arrives next week. Can I ask... What glue did you find worked?

Hi, just got my HPRC 4600w and when the drone sits in the case without camera its batteries are above the foam level. In my opinion way to high ut for comfort of checking in.

Attachments

• IMG_2756 2.JPG
    IMG_2756 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Hi Folks, Best solution is to get your dremel out and try and do the following. Mine sits perfectly now. Incidentally HPRC sent me replacement foam as I complained, but it was the exact same as the original, so a waste of time.

Great! Thats what I decided to to to. Since the foam is not made for the X7 I had to get wild with my sharp knife and it worked out perfectly to. Not supervise looking but ok and 100% function now! Made the iPad holder larger to so that the iPad pro 9,7 fits and made a custom fit for the focus wheel to and the remote that has the focus wheel mount on it. I will keep customising my case until it fits my needs perfect. I just traveled to Iceland and back over the weekend and the case protected my I2 X7 perfectly! Unfortunately no flying in Iceland due to two Violent storm first and last day and the day in between was 50-100mm heavy rain :( But nice lanscape photography options :D Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 09.39.54.png

Reactions: theirishdroneranger
Great! Thats what I decided to to to. Since the foam is not made for the X7 I had to get wild with my sharp knife and it worked out perfectly to. Not supervise looking but ok and 100% function now! Made the iPad holder larger to so that the iPad pro 9,7 fits and made a custom fit for the focus wheel to and the remote that has the focus wheel mount on it. I will keep customising my case until it fits my needs perfect. I just traveled to Iceland and back over the weekend and the case protected my I2 X7 perfectly! Unfortunately no flying in Iceland due to two Violent storm first and last day and the day in between was 50-100mm heavy rain :( But nice lanscape photography options :D View attachment 18644

Nice, Love that shot pf you and the land rover!

The one thing I have not liked about the rigid cases is the added weight. MOST of my work is local. Had the Case Club case (which turned out to be the heaviest case @ 35lbs ugh). Trying out the GPC Backpack solution for times when I am not on a plane, but local, with the option to use the outer shell when I need it. Just got it yesterday, so I cannot say yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb