Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hub Bolts Backing Out

Reaction score
We're having prop hub bolts back out. Usually these are very difficult to get out, sometimes even requiring heating. I found 4 loose bolts while checking over our Inspires this last time. All of them are factory installed (meaning we've never unscrewed them). NONE of them had Loctite on the threads.

Are these supposed to have Loctite from the factory? This is a great place to use Blue as it's meatal-to-metal and very critical. Can I apply Loctite to these bolts?

We're having prop hub bolts back out. Usually these are very difficult to get out, sometimes even requiring heating. I found 4 loose bolts while checking over our Inspires this last time. All of them are factory installed (meaning we've never unscrewed them). NONE of them had Loctite on the threads.

Are these supposed to have Loctite from the factory? This is a great place to use Blue as it's meatal-to-metal and very critical. Can I apply Loctite to these bolts?
Absolutely!! Blue Loctite is a must there. Not sure how it happened that they did not have any right from the factory.

Reactions: Eric Braun
It would be a good idea to use brand and products names rather than color, to ensure you use the desired product. Different brands have different colored products. Loctite has multiple products in some colors !!

Reactions: Eric Braun

Do you mean these screws shown in this product listing? That’s scary! Glad you caught it.

Do you mean these screws shown in this product listing? That’s scary! Glad you caught it.

I do not mean to hijack this thread but I never really liked the design of the locking mechanism. Experiencing the issue with rattling props prompted me to explore other options and eventually I fitted my I2 with CF folding props. No prop issue to content with anymore. One less step before flight, solid performance and added safety. It was really a no brainer for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: hhung516

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4