Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I am still shaking saved FLY OFF

Reaction score
Ok I know a lot of people here know the issue of the compass vs GPS and how sometimes they like to fight with one another. As my video shows this was a tad bit more than just that, yes I did the full calibration, all pre-flight checks etc. You can tell right when the gimbal goes crazy I lose all controls but up (That's not the wind taking it) I cranked it up full throttle to get as much altitude as possible while trying to get it out of the spin, also while trying to stop it from flying into the construction site, just to have it correct itself for a second and then do the same thing in the other direction. This video shows that there maybe a bigger problem (More than jumping in ATTI mode), this flight was 6 min in and usually the inspire 1 will be an a** around takeoff and not this far into flight. I use the android app It did flash red but I was a little busy to have the time to look down lol, anyone here know what the app is capable of saying up in that area? If i could see a list of problems and possibilities I could narrow the issue down. Take a look at the video and let me know what you think, I'm glad I did not crash an burn (Altitude and fast thinking is your friend) but it might be grounded for awhile after that....

Reactions: jesmo5
I'd pull those log files. Definitely an abnormal situation. Nice job taking control. Looks like an IMU error to me.

Ok I know a lot of people here know the issue of the compass vs GPS and how sometimes they like to fight with one another. As my video shows this was a tad bit more than just that, yes I did the full calibration, all pre-flight checks etc. You can tell right when the gimbal goes crazy I lose all controls but up (That's not the wind taking it) I cranked it up full throttle to get as much altitude as possible while trying to get it out of the spin, also while trying to stop it from flying into the construction site, just to have it correct itself for a second and then do the same thing in the other direction. This video shows that there maybe a bigger problem (More than jumping in ATTI mode), this flight was 6 min in and usually the inspire 1 will be an a** around takeoff and not this far into flight. I use the android app It did flash red but I was a little busy to have the time to look down lol, anyone here know what the app is capable of saying up in that area? If i could see a list of problems and possibilities I could narrow the issue down. Take a look at the video and let me know what you think, I'm glad I did not crash an burn (Altitude and fast thinking is your friend) but it might be grounded for awhile after that....

What stabilization software has been applied to this footage and why?
I'm talking about the warp distortion throughout the clip and especially at 1:20 thru to the end. Most noticeable on the tree on rhs of frame and the lamp posts......
Inspire footage just does NOT look like that !

How much play do you have in the arms of your Inspire. Does the airframe vibrate whilst in flight?

Last edited:
I'd pull those log files. Definitely an abnormal situation. Nice job taking control. Looks like an IMU error to me.
It flashed red and said (abnormal) I was to busy crapping my pants to read the rest. I just did the IMU check before flight, level surface etc, If I was near anything that thing would be in pieces, it was moving fast...

What stabilization software has been applied to this footage and why?
I'm talking about the warp distortion throughout the clip and especially at 1:20 thru to the end. Most noticeable on the tree on rhs of frame and the lamp posts......
Inspire footage just does NOT look like that !
Actually I just noticed that also, You Tube asked if they could touch the video up, the colors looked better so I let it. I checked the original video and it does not do that, is there a way to share that? Or do I have to upload it to you tube? Any suggestions?

Actually I just noticed that also, You Tube asked if they could touch the video up, the colors looked better so I let it. I checked the original video and it does not do that, is there a way to share that? Or do I have to upload it to you tube? Any suggestions?
Ahhhh....OK....it's a YT f*ck up.....that figures.....see my edited post above re vibration and free play in the arms.

Ahhhh....OK....it's a YT f*ck up.....that figures.....see my edited post above re vibration and free play in the arms.
Small amount of play in the arms, one of the first things I did when I bought it was check that while it was flying close to me and it did not have that issue that you see on that video. However I have the new prop set up on it but It was flying fine for the first 8 min or so, the video shows the last minute or so but it was in the air performing very well until the point where you see the gimble lock up and head into that direction. Then at the end it started to operate normal.

Can I pull that flight log and send it someplace? If I can I would like to so if there is a problem they can fix, I hate to have it happen to anyone else...

What was the cause of yours?

The GPS dropped out.... It happened twice on the same day first time it went 25m backwards and I got it back under control. The second time it went 64m and would not respond to control input to bring it back.

Where it was headed was nothing but dense trees and a valley so unlike you I reduced power the only input that was working. If it went into the valley it was gone for good. A tree stopped it.

I got my money back from the seller that fight took a month.

The Experts here claim its just because they go into Atti mode and us beginners can't fly but there is more to than that. So far I have only done short low level flights with A1-002 I am waiting for the next update to see how people go with this GPS dropout issue.

The GPS dropped out.... It happened twice on the same day first time it went 25m backwards and I got it back under control. The second time it went 64m and would not respond to control input to bring it back.

Where it was headed was nothing but dense trees and a valley so unlike you I reduced power the only input that was working. If it went into the valley it was gone for good. A tree stopped it.

I got my money back from the seller that fight took a month.

The Experts here claim its just because they go into Atti mode and us beginners can't fly but there is more to than that. So far I have only done short low level flights with A1-002 I am waiting for the next update to see how people go with this GPS dropout issue.
What happened to me was above and beyond ATTI, it was going in that direction and if i didn't hit the hammer on the up control that would have been it for the inspire 1. I gambled with putting it up in the air and thankfully I was able to bring it down but I was fighting it all the way down. I sent that video to my sales guy he forwarded to his guy from DJI and instantly told be to ground it....

Reactions: lrh111
My Inspire 1 destroyed itself on the 5th day I had it due to a firmware bug. I have around 200 flights on my Phantom 2 and continue to fly it since the loss of the I1, with no issues whatsoever.

With the I1, I took off from a parking lot surrounded by cliffs about 500' above a beach. I flew down over the side of the cliff toward the beach and the I1 lost communication. Instead of rising to the preset altitude (it was about 100' below take off altitude at that time), it just rotated toward the takeoff point and flew at full speed into the cliffs 100' below me. Both arms broken, wiring harness ripped out, gimbal destroyed, pretty mangled all around. Luckily I was able to climb up the cliffs from the beach and grab the pieces which I sent into DJI. They've had it now for 2 weeks with no response or update from them.

I wasn't doing video at the time I was getting stills so I had no video of the incident and for reasons unexplained it also didn't record any flight data.

My Inspire 1 destroyed itself on the 5th day I had it due to a firmware bug. I have around 200 flights on my Phantom 2 and continue to fly it since the loss of the I1, with no issues whatsoever.

With the I1, I took off from a parking lot surrounded by cliffs about 500' above a beach. I flew down over the side of the cliff toward the beach and the I1 lost communication. Instead of rising to the preset altitude (it was about 100' below take off altitude at that time), it just rotated toward the takeoff point and flew at full speed into the cliffs 100' below me. Both arms broken, wiring harness ripped out, gimbal destroyed, pretty mangled all around. Luckily I was able to climb up the cliffs from the beach and grab the pieces which I sent into DJI. They've had it now for 2 weeks with no response or update from them.
Sorry to hear that, I am glad i saved it for the video proof which shows more than a GPS drop out due to the gimble locking up

Reactions: catware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry