Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I got my 333!

that would take me out then... :( or i would need to convert to muslem to marry an american woman and then get citizenship :) lol...

Reactions: Highrpm955
Yes, "current request" are people in line who have submitted their petition. And yes, most all of the CRF's apply to different drones in general. You can see my petition in the search bar on "current requests" page under "Drone 1 Aerial LLC" and the grant as well on the " authorizations granted" page.

Thanks again! Nice to see your Inspire 1 in the fleet. I love that thing and hoping that more 3d mapping will be available. So if you happen to get another UAV to add to your fleet, would you have to go through the whole process again?

Not exactly.. You have to register your serial number to get an N# for your bird, if you use a different drone, you just need to send in an amendment for the new craft.

Reactions: m_flight
...and to obtain a "sport license"? hehe. sorry but I have to ask..

Not exactly.. You have to register your serial number to get an N# for your bird, if you use a different drone, you just need to send in an amendment for the new craft.
Good to hear! So what are your next steps? Your LLC is established, your exempt, are there any other milestones to cover that would stop you from working?

Good to hear! So what are your next steps? Your LLC is established, your exempt, are there any other milestones to cover that would stop you from working?

As Nic said, short of at least a sports license all your other requirements for your coa will be in your documentation the faa supplies you with when you get approved, this includes any restrictions they may decide to put on you which varies depending on how you file your petition. So at the very least you should read and understand what your petition says so you know what those are, especially so if your copying and pasting.

Getting the inspire registered was a complete pain for me, can't speak for highrpm, hopefully he had an easier time.

Insurance would be a great idea as well

Im waiting on the letter from the FAA to register the serial number, and get an N# assigned at the local FSDO office, but other than that, nope. Its a green light.

As Nic said, short of at least a sports license all your other requirements for your coa will be in your documentation the faa supplies you with when you get approved, this includes any restrictions they may decide to put on you which varies depending on how you file your petition. So at the very least you should read and understand what your petition says so you know what those are, especially so if your copying and pasting.

Getting the inspire registered was a complete pain for me, can't speak for highrpm, hopefully he had an easier time.

Insurance would be a great idea as well
Yes!... im getting insurance through Costello..$595 a year... what was the big PIA with your registration?

Yes!... im getting insurance through Costello..$595 a year... what was the big PIA with your registration?

Whaaa? I need to look into them than. I'm through some agent through transport risk. 995 a year. I need to get on your train.

I have no idea, it's just been one thing after another, I'm in the waiting boat as well, at the time I didn't know you had to get a release from the dealer you bought from, they needed to make sure it was a clean serial...not that I think they would be able to tell otherwise, but whatever their game their rules.

Whaaa? I need to look into them than. I'm through some agent through transport risk. 995 a year. I need to get on your train.

I have no idea, it's just been one thing after another, I'm in the waiting boat as well, at the time I didn't know you had to get a release from the dealer you bought from, they needed to make sure it was a clean serial...not that I think they would be able to tell otherwise, but whatever their game their rules.
Keep in mind, that's for $500,000 of liability.. Sounds like you may have $1,000,000, because that's about what they quoted me for that amount.

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. How would one go about getting one of these licenses?
It's a ground school just like a Private Pilot. The only difference is that with a Sport Lic, you do not have to have a class 3 medical, and you are restricted to day only flight, no Instrument rating, etc.

It's a ground school just like a Private Pilot. The only difference is that with a Sport Lic, you do not have to have a class 3 medical, and you are restricted to day only flight, no Instrument rating, etc.
Awesome thanks for the response!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah