Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I got my 333!

Can you give some details? How much? How long did it take? Any tips to getting it?

Wow.... I thought I had replied to this last night... Anywho...It dose not cost anything. My best advise would be to collect some successful petitioners requests, and then kind of copy and paste most of the information... alot of it is going to be the same, just swap your company name, addresses, equipment, manuals, maintenance booklets, etc, so that it fits your needs. This will ensure that your are submitting a petition that is pretty much like one that has been granted before. Adding your own stuff in there about how it will benefit the community will help greatly. I submitted on May 1st and was granted July 8th.... So, they are getting faster at it. If you do not have at least a Light Sport Pilots Lic, you are wasting your time until they come up with a final decision.

Reactions: m_flight
If you do not have at least a Light Sport Pilots Lic, you are wasting your time until they come up with a final decision.

Not necessarily. You don't need to have a license to get an exemption, anybody can apply and while they wait they can start the process of getting all the license and registration done.

Basically, anyone can get an exemption, that's why you see companies that get them than they start looking for a PIC. You just have to have at least a sport license to make use of it.

Wow.... I thought I had replied to this last night... Anywho...It dose not cost anything. My best advise would be to collect some successful petitioners requests, and then kind of copy and paste most of the information... alot of it is going to be the same, just swap your company name, addresses, equipment, manuals, maintenance booklets, etc, so that it fits your needs. This will ensure that your are submitting a petition that is pretty much like one that has been granted before. Adding your own stuff in there about how it will benefit the community will help greatly. I submitted on May 1st and was granted July 8th.... So, they are getting faster at it. If you do not have at least a Light Sport Pilots Lic, you are wasting your time until they come up with a final decision.
Hey congrats highrpm!
So where did you sign up? Is there a legit url to use. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Highrpm955
You mentioned something about getting petitioners request and swapping a header to your company name? I understand about getting my own petitioners to sign, but is there some kind of template to follow? Again congrats on your in 333 exemption, everyone should get work on doing something they love. I toast to you!

As far as a template, you can just get the general format of successful petitioners and copy and paste the important information, such as all of the CRF's, everyone is petitioning for the same CRF's, so that info would be the same. Read as many petitions as you can, and you will see that most all of them follow the same format. We are all petitioning for the same thing, we just have different goals, areas of expertise, fields we want to use our drones in, etc. Also, get as many people as possible to comment on your petition, they seem to always state on your grant how many commenters you had. Most have none, but I got 5 peeps to comment. Seems to create support for the case, and the FAA loves that stuff.

As far as a template, you can just get the general format of successful petitioners and copy and paste the important information, such as all of the CRF's, everyone is petitioning for the same CRF's, so that info would be the same. Read as many petitions as you can, and you will see that most all of them follow the same format. We are all petitioning for the same thing, we just have different goals, areas of expertise, fields we want to use our drones in, etc. Also, get as many people as possible to comment on your petition, they seem to always state on your grant how many commenters you had. Most have none, but I got 5 peeps to comment. Seems to create support for the case, and the FAA loves that stuff.

Thanks for the quick replies. Currently I am a hobbyist, but get opportunities when I do fly and people approach me, but have to turn them down. So please bear with me as I ask some stoopid questions and wrap my head around trying to get exempted.
The link you provided show three links, "current exemption requests", "authorizations granted via Section 333 exemption", and of course "instructions for filing an exemption request", which is straight forward. Are the "current exemption requests" link companies just waiting for the 333 exemption, I've read some articles i.e. where company "Altek Media Goup" has it's txt documents and pdf documents and has listed all the drones they want listed exempt, as well as CFR' associated with these. I take it these CFR's are the same for everyones aircraft that they exempted. Is it possible to see your authorizations letter? Thanks!

Yes, "current request" are people in line who have submitted their petition. And yes, most all of the CRF's apply to different drones in general. You can see my petition in the search bar on "current requests" page under "Drone 1 Aerial LLC" and the grant as well on the " authorizations granted" page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions