Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I need help with firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a big problem, I tried to upgrade my inspire 1 to the Latest firmware update. I was able to up date the remote, but when it come to the inspire 1 I have no luck.
I load the Bin file onto the SD card put SD card into SDcard slot on inspire 1 camera turn on the inspire 1, all that happens is I get a solid red light and it beeps for about ten minutes then after that I just get a soiled beeping sound, so I turn it of take out SD card put it into computer to check log file and it say that update fails. I tried to contact DJI many times they turn out to be not very helpful. I don't know what else to do can someone please help me. Or am I stuck with a very expensive paperweight

Ok guys I have a big problem, I tried to upgrade my inspire 1 to the Latest firmware update. I was able to up date the remote, but when it come to the inspire 1 I have no luck.
I load the Bin file onto the SD card put SD card into SDcard slot on inspire 1 camera turn on the inspire 1, all that happens is I get a solid red light and it beeps for about ten minutes then after that I just get a soiled beeping sound, so I turn it of take out SD card put it into computer to check log file and it say that update fails. I tried to contact DJI many times they turn out to be not very helpful. I don't know what else to do can someone please help me. Or am I stuck with a very expensive paperweight
Check out the video about ,how to update your firmware, in the pilot app under academy ..

You may need the file dji sent me. I had a problem until they sent me a special (updated?) file.

Look at my past posts, someone uploaded it here on the forum.

Mark

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey Mark!!
I'd like to see the post you're taking about..
What's it called??
What issue did you have when updating the firmware??

I updated either the aircraft or the remote and for the life of me, couldn't get one of them to work. I downloaded a new file for one or the other from DJI and it worked like a charm.

I sent that file to at least half a dozen other members that were having the same problem and they got it fixed immediately too.

I'll look for the thread.

Mark

Attachments

• gs_ofdm.bin.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 30
I updated either the aircraft or the remote and for the life of me, couldn't get one of them to work. I downloaded a new file for one or the other from DJI and it worked like a charm.

I sent that file to at least half a dozen other members that were having the same problem and they got it fixed immediately too.

I'll look for the thread.

Mark

I've attached the file they sent me but before anyone uses it, makes sure there isn't a new one out there. That was almost 2 months ago before I wrecked my Inspire. Not sure if there is an updated firmware file out yet.

Note that this file is only for the remote, while the OP has a problem with the aircraft.

Please see with DJI support directly to avoid further problems...

Note that this file is only for the remote, while the OP has a problem with the aircraft.

Please see with DJI support directly to avoid further problems...

I mentioned to someone on here that there are two separate firmware updates but they said one… two it is!

Thanks

Mark

Hey guys thank you all for your help but I've tried everything all that happens when I turn on my inspire 1 is the camera calibrate itself then the Red light comes on and stay on and nothing else happen if anyone out there know of anything else I can do or try please share. Thank you

Check the gimble camera pins to see if they are bent. This happened to mine and I needed to order a new gimble fast mount.

Check the gimble camera pins to see if they are bent. This happened to mine and I needed to order a new gimble fast mount.
I checked all the pins on the Gimble they all looks fine. Everything was fine until I tried to upgrade my inspire 1 to the newest firmware v1.2.1.03 now I can't even put it in travel mode I'm so frustrated with DJI nothing but problems since I got it smh

I'm about to upgrade firmware too, I little scared/nervous after reading your experience ....

Waiting for everything to charge......

Ok guys, I was able to solve the problem I was having with my inspire 1 with some help from DJI.. So this is what I did to solve the issue I was having.
1. Format sad card
2. Load firmware onto sd card
3. Put sd card into camera on inspire 1 and turn it on
4. Let firmware try to load
5. Turn of the inspire 1 and then turn it back on this should put it into recovery mode
Let it run for a half hour to an hour then turn it off check log file on computer it should say upgrade successful.
This is what worked for me hopefully this can help someone else

I just got my Inspire and it will not do anything with the updated firmware.???? I have followed the latest videos and pdf's exactly. Extract to the MicroSD, install in camera, turn on only the Inspire, full battery and all it does is go to the standby actuation while moving the camera around half a time, does not do any firmware install at all. Yet, the TX, when turned on later, says it all needs the update. Bad bird; DOA?

I just got my Inspire and it will not do anything with the updated firmware.???? I have followed the latest videos and pdf's exactly. Extract to the MicroSD, install in camera, turn on only the Inspire, full battery and all it does is go to the standby actuation while moving the camera around half a time, does not do any firmware install at all. Yet, the TX, when turned on later, says it all needs the update. Bad bird; DOA?
Sorry to hear about your problems. First of all make sure the .bin file is in the root directory of your MicroSD card. Also check any update status .txt files stored on the card as this will tell what progress was made.

Sorry to hear about your problems. First of all make sure the .bin file is in the root directory of your MicroSD card. Also check any update status .txt files stored on the card as this will tell what progress was made.

Thanks for the response. Yes, the .bin was in the root every time. The .txt had nothing in it but fix results; absolutely no extra or supplemental install instructions, etc. were provided. Its as if the Inspire doesn't even know there is a card in the camera.

all it does is go to the standby actuation while moving the camera around half a time

What does that mean? Does the camera initialize and work properly i.e. record videos etc? If it doesn't and/or the camera is defective the aircraft may not be able to access the card. Try using all "normal" aircraft functions and confirm they work properly before trying to upgrade firmware.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Camera seems to do a self check, but not like I've watched it in videos. I will try to fly the thing anyway and see what may be up. Thanks for your reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207