Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I think I've settled on this case....

CRASHBURN (to Wife): "Gee, sorry Honey, there's no more room."

ER DOC (to his Wife): "I had the strangest case today. I had to remove a quad copter from a patient's rectum."
That'll probably happen. Back in Nov I went to the BMW dealer in Greenville and my wife told me that I'd better NOT come back with a new motorcycle. Well, they had a new 2015 there with lots of improvements over my 2013, almost same color, I had some cash on me that I had squirreled away, so after some transferring over of my farckels from the 2013 to my new 2015 (custom seat, windshield, floorboards, etc) I came home with a new bike. She has not noticed anything yet. Same with the Inspire, she calls it my new toy, thinking its about a $400 investment… I'm living dangerously.

Enjoy life and be nice

Looks like it will work on my motorcycle after I removed the backrest, at least for short trips. I weighed it with 1 rc and 3 batteries, 2 chargers and everything else and it came in about 42 lbs; assuming you take the batteries on board and add another rc, it should still be about 10 lbs under the max 50 lb checkin weight. I'm still not totally happy with traveling with the camera attached and my makeshift solution, so for now I'll probably just remove the camera until I find a more secure solution.
uploadfromtaptalk1426949345575.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426949362825.jpg

Enjoy life and be nice

Reactions: turbodronepilot
ehhh...looks uncomfortable. I'd look into removing the top case and mount it from there.
Just got back from test ride and about 30 minutes of flying. Case did good, pulled across grass ok, easier to get going. However I do need a couple more inches for the case on my motorcycle seat, hopefully I can move it to the back, if not I'll probably remove the top case if not too hard. It has wires connected for trunk interior lights and brake lights, other than that its a quick release system. I left the camera mounted but in my makeshift cushion and it was fine.

Enjoy life and be nice

Can I be a pain in the butt and ask you kind souls to please help me decide on which case to buy.
They both cost just over $750 AUD landed in Australia.

First one is the Go Professional Case Landing Mode Hard Case

http://www.allerc.com/go-profession...es-wheeled-landing-mode-hard-case-p-9845.html

And the second is the Tradecraft Rugged Travel Case

http://www.tradecraftcases.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INS1&CartID=1

They both are set up for landing mode. So there's no need to put the I1 in travel mode.

Or Pelican
http://www.aerialmediapros.com/store/inspire-1-custom-pelican-storm-case/dp/711

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can I be a pain in the butt and ask you kind souls to please help me decide on which case to buy.
They both cost just over $750 AUD landed in Australia.

First one is the Go Professional Case Landing Mode Hard Case...

Thanks!

I chose the Go Pro because of ample battery storage. None that I've found has had more.

I finally decided on a case! I went with the GPC landing mode version. I called GPC and I bought it direct. The lady who took my call (Julia) was really nice to speak to and very professional.
It'll arrive in Melbourne mid next week.
I asked Julia if they can possibly register on our site to provide us with further info on the cases. They're currently looking into it.

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-inspire-1-landing-mode-case.html

Last edited:
Thanks guys with helping me decide!

Since I started this thread, quite a few more cases have come on the market. I like this idea too. (phantom and inspire)

image_014afb7b-09dd-40b6-889a-c4932edff845_1024x1024.jpg

Since I started this thread, quite a few more cases have come on the market. I like this idea too. (phantom and inspire)

image_014afb7b-09dd-40b6-889a-c4932edff845_1024x1024.jpg
Just one question .......... Where is the TX for the Phantom in that set up? I can see the Inspire remote but not one for the poor old Phantom.

If I were to guess, I'd say it would be housed in the compartment under the Phantom.
I think you might be right......looking at how deep that foam is compared to the depth of the case there must be some storage under that removed portion.
Think I might need a few trips to the gym before I could lift that case around though. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry