Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Component Replacement

$8 magnetic work pad that allows you to set screws on a magnetic board that you can write on with dry erase marker. Best investment you can make. :cool:

Hopefully those magnetized screws are not too close to the compass:D

Can guys who are stripping give any info or picture on the battery release spring, I’m talking about the horizontal one that pushes the battery out when you release the pack, My RH side one let’s go 30 days into ownership and while annoying that I have to pull he pack off it’s not end of world, I’m trying to understand if it’s something that’s come loose or snapped, how does that backend come off and separate?

Would love some pictures of this.

Can guys who are stripping give any info or picture on the battery release spring, I’m talking about the horizontal one that pushes the battery out when you release the pack, My RH side one let’s go 30 days into ownership and while annoying that I have to pull he pack off it’s not end of world, I’m trying to understand if it’s something that’s come loose or snapped, how does that backend come off and separate?

Would love some pictures of this.

We do not have any pictures of a fully disassembled battery compartment but if you are not already aware, it has been a chronic problem in months prior. We've worked with two cases of the issue that opted for just having our technicians completely replace the battery compartment as opposed to waiting on a warranty case with DJI.

... I’m talking about the horizontal one that pushes the battery out when you release the pack, My RH side one let’s go 30 days into ownership...

Mad, it may seem a little harsh, but I would strongly suggest that you deal direct with your UK retailer on this one and return the I2 for replacement as faulty...

The problem you are up against is that if you deal with it as a warranty return it is pot-luck as to what you will receive back...

... the least likely outcome is that they will repair your I2 and return it to you, most likely is that you get an airframe that was returned by someone else for something else unknown that has been repaired and tested. The absolute best is that you get a new unused airframe in exchange because they don't have any repaired airframes to send out...

In the past I have experienced both a replacement used airframe which turned out to have a completely non-functional VPS and then a brand new airframe which was faultless.

This close to purchase I would just go with standard UK consumer protection and tell your retailer that you are rejecting the goods as faulty and ask for a refund/replacement, but you only have that option for the first 30 days after receipt so hopefully you are not already past that point...

If you are then you can still request a replacement or a repair (your choice) but make it clear that if they cannot be certain that you are going to get your own aircraft back then you insist on a replacement...

... otherwise roll the dice and see if you get lucky...

Reactions: Advexure
Mad, it may seem a little harsh, but I would strongly suggest that you deal direct with your UK retailer on this one and return the I2 for replacement as faulty...

The problem you are up against is that if you deal with it as a warranty return it is pot-luck as to what you will receive back...

... the least likely outcome is that they will repair your I2 and return it to you, most likely is that you get an airframe that was returned by someone else for something else unknown that has been repaired and tested. The absolute best is that you get a new unused airframe in exchange because they don't have any repaired airframes to send out...

In the past I have experienced both a replacement used airframe which turned out to have a completely non-functional VPS and then a brand new airframe which was faultless.

This close to purchase I would just go with standard UK consumer protection and tell your retailer that you are rejecting the goods as faulty and ask for a refund/replacement, but you only have that option for the first 30 days after receipt so hopefully you are not already past that point...

If you are then you can still request a replacement or a repair (your choice) but make it clear that if they cannot be certain that you are going to get your own aircraft back then you insist on a replacement...

... otherwise roll the dice and see if you get lucky...

I am fully aware of my option and this issue,I’m not sending it to DJI for this, I’m going to speak with the dealer this week, it’s not been a priority as I just have to pull the pack off, as I have a good craft I’m not looking for a replacement just a repair.

They are a good dealer so I’m going to see if they can swap the compartment over them selves, otherwise tbh I may just do it my self as I’m extremely **** on this stuff ;).

Adventure I may get to you guys to ship me one to the Uk of possible ?

Last edited:
They are a good dealer so I’m going to see if they can swap the compartment over them selves, otherwise tbh I may just do it my self as I’m extremely **** on this stuff ;).

Adventure I may get to you guys to ship me one to the Uk of possible ?

If you need somewhere a little closer to home, try Ricc at Marionville Models, they have a repair facility and carry the spares...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1