Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Component Replacement

Reaction score
Well, it appears I have about over a 150 hours on my original Inspire 2 and it has served me well. I have replaced the props a couple of times with the original props being removed and mostly using after market props. I have recently replaced the gimbal vibration dampners. I know not a lot of wear and tear happens in the motors except for the bearings but have decided to replace the complete motor assemblies, I should have them in a couple of days. I may also replace the complete retract assembly in the near future but have not found that item available yet. I will take photos as I do the replacements. If there is anyone else that has this amount of usage or more on an I2 I would really appreciate your input.

Well, it appears I have about over a 150 hours on my original Inspire 2 and it has served me well. I have replaced the props a couple of times with the original props being removed and mostly using after market props. I have recently replaced the gimbal vibration dampners. I know not a lot of wear and tear happens in the motors except for the bearings but have decided to replace the complete motor assemblies, I should have them in a couple of days. I may also replace the complete retract assembly in the near future but have not found that item available yet. I will take photos as I do the replacements. If there is anyone else that has this amount of usage or more on an I2 I would really appreciate your input.
I still do not have that many hours on my i1 yet. Lol. Well at least this i1. The other one had about that on it. I have looked at a couple tear downs of the i2 and one thing I like over the 1is that you can unplug things instead of having to unsolder them.

Reactions: SanCap
Some flying hours in there :D

Only managed 83hrs on a P4 and 60Hrs on the I2 so far, so I've a bit to catch up with you.... good to know it's been reliable enough to hit those hours :cool:

A couple of my motors are actually discoloring, sort of like the black anodizing/alodining is fading. I check the temps regularly so it isn't temp related.

I should also add that the Cinecore processor failed and was replaced by DJI under warranty.

A couple of my motors are actually discoloring, sort of like the black anodizing/alodining is fading. I check the temps regularly so it isn't temp related.

I should also add that the Cinecore processor failed and was replaced by DJI under warranty.
One of the motors on my i1 is doing the same thing. Not really sure why they do it and you’re right, it is not heat related.

Reactions: SanCap
Wow, 150 hours, nice job @SanCap :cool: If we can be of any further assistance getting you the necessary parts don't hesitate to reach. Hope the repair/replacement process is smooth for you and safe flying.

I decided to replace the I2 Middle Frame - Service Part 19 and ordered it from you today. I will post photos when I get all these parts and do the R&R.

Reactions: Advexure
I replaced the motors the other day and it was actually very easy. The antenna cover screws are extremely tiny phillips head screws and are very hard to find in a carpet :) The process was as follows.

1. Remove the 4 tiny screws holding the antenna cover on, once removed the cover pops off with the help of a paperclip being pushed thru the lower screw hole. The antenna is easily moved to the side to be out of the way, no need to disconnect it.

2. Remove the 4 screws that attach the landing leg to the boom, 2 long and 2 short.

3. Remove the 2 screws holding the ESC mount to the motor mount, not the same size as the short ones from the previous step and are easily confused.

4 Remove the 4 screws holding the motor to the motor mount.

5. Unplug the motor electrical connection.

6 Install the correct rotating motor using the above process in reverse.

IMG_1640.JPG

Reactions: Advexure
very good to see this process - thanks tip: use the sticky side of a piece of duct tape or gaff tape to hold all the small screws - I stick them to the tape in the order that I take them out. This saves time when the cat, small dog or child walks across your desk and rearranges everything. Also if a small screw is to tight to remove due to thread locker, touch the tops of the screws with the tip of a soldering iron for a few seconds....... softens it right up. Good work SanCap

very good to see this process - thanks tip: use the sticky side of a piece of duct tape or gaff tape to hold all the small screws - I stick them to the tape in the order that I take them out. This saves time when the cat, small dog or child walks across your desk and rearranges everything. Also if a small screw is to tight to remove due to thread locker, touch the tops of the screws with the tip of a soldering iron for a few seconds....... softens it right up. Good work SanCap

That is a good tip with the tape!

$8 magnetic work pad that allows you to set screws on a magnetic board that you can write on with dry erase marker. Best investment you can make. :cool:

Reactions: Cruncher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669