Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 flips when I try to take off, can't even go 10-20 cm up then flips to one side !!!

Reaction score
I2 flips when I try to take off, can't even go 10 cm up then flips to one side!!!
4 motors working looks like lose someone power !!
on the app I got the warning Idling motor or propellers missing when I go to top speed (left stick upside) test without propellers of course !!!
appreciable any help !!

hi ringolong,
thanks, yes but I have done the firmware refresh and I forgot the IMU calibration after the refresh !!!
could be the problem the IMU calibration ?
why the app didn't ask for the calibration ?
I'll try tomorrow again and the IMU calibration too .
I hope works because its frustrating to see how it flips ! now the score 2 props broken (happy could be worse)

looks like normal rotations ccw-cw-ccw-cw. about maintenance just main frame and body teardown to clean but nothing deep.
thanks Florida drone Supply

You should get an infra red thermometer like this one and check the temperatures of each motor.

If any are a lot higher than the coolest one, then you have a bad bearing in that motor.which could cause the condition your describing..

I2 flips when I try to take off, can't even go 10 cm up then flips to one side!!!
4 motors working looks like lose someone power !!
on the app I got the warning Idling motor or propellers missing when I go to top speed (left stick upside) test without propellers of course !!!
appreciable any help !!
The .DAT log file will probably have data that explains the behavior you're seeing. Look here to see how to retrieve it from the I2. You'll need to upload it to a public sharing site like Dropbox or GoogleDrive then post the link to the uploaded file.

Reactions: slim.slamma
The .DAT log file will probably have data that explains the behavior you're seeing. Look here to see how to retrieve it from the I2. You'll need to upload it to a public sharing site like Dropbox or GoogleDrive then post the link to the uploaded file.
hi there,
I'll try to upload the file .dat maybe I'm wrong but I see a motor problem.
I hope one of you can also check the file for a second opinion .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 14.20.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 14.20.34.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 23
This flight appears to be normal. There were two launches and both pitch and roll remained in the interval [-1°, 1°].
upload_2018-8-5_6-19-19.png

There was one oddity that I noticed. The second launch wasn't commanded by stick inputs. Perhaps you commanded an auto takeoff?

If you want to take a look at a flight were it flipped on launch please provide the .DAT from the I2 itself. CsvView/DatCon has a lot of options that can't be chosen if you provide just the .csv. The tablet .DAT has less info than the AC .DAT.

This flight appears to be normal. There were two launches and both pitch and roll remained in the interval [-1°, 1°].
View attachment 21394

There was one oddity that I noticed. The second launch wasn't commanded by stick inputs. Perhaps you commanded an auto takeoff?

If you want to take a look at a flight were it flipped on launch please provide the .DAT from the I2 itself. CsvView/DatCon has a lot of options that can't be chosen if you provide just the .csv. The tablet .DAT has less info than the AC .DAT.
maybe this works ?
yes second was auto to avoid wrong.
I'll check this were he flipped
Dropbox - 2018-08-05 13_27_46-095XE1600201FS.dat

Interesting. I don't quite get the whole picture, but I'm guessing that the flipping is the result of a problem with the throttle signal. Here is what it looks like.
upload_2018-8-5_9-29-31.png
In the interval [140 secs, 143.6 secs] the throttle was pulsed 6 times. I'm guessing you didn't do that. In fact, I don't think you could manage that throttle input. There are 4 occurrences in this .DAT. Three were immediately followed by the flipping behavior you observed.

The previous .csv didn't show any problems with the throttle signal and there was no flipping. If I had to guess I'd say that this throttle input is just the right combination that drives the FC to an instability.

I'm speculating that if the throttle input problem can be fixed you won't see any flipping behavior.

Interesting. I don't quite get the whole picture, but I'm guessing that the flipping is the result of a problem with the throttle signal. Here is what it looks like.
View attachment 21397
In the interval [140 secs, 143.6 secs] the throttle was pulsed 6 times. I'm guessing you didn't do that. In fact, I don't think you could manage that throttle input. There are 4 occurrences in this .DAT. Three were immediately followed by the flipping behavior you observed.

The previous .csv didn't show any problems with the throttle signal and there was no flipping. If I had to guess I'd say that this throttle input is just the right combination that drives the FC to an instability.

I'm speculating that if the throttle input problem can be fixed you won't see any flipping behavior.
Hi BudWalker,
thanks for your time, some idea of how to try to solve it ?
should I refresh firmware ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela