Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 flips when I try to take off, can't even go 10-20 cm up then flips to one side !!!

Hi BudWalker,
thanks for your time, some idea of how to try to solve it ?
should I refresh firmware ?
Can you confirm that you didn't "pulse" the throttle input?

Try to reproduce the problem without starting the motors. First, hold full throttle for 5 secs. Then do half throttle for 5 secs. Then take a look at the .DAT. Maybe there is a HW issue when the throttle is hard against the stop.

Can you confirm that you didn't "pulse" the throttle input?

Try to reproduce the problem without starting the motors. First, hold full throttle for 5 secs. Then do half throttle for 5 secs. Then take a look at the .DAT. Maybe there is a HW issue when the throttle is hard against the stop.
I'm not sure if I did the pulses, but I'll try to test the throttle and look the dat file .
thanks

Looking at this some more.. At the end of the final pulse (143.581 secs) the I2 started rolling right (CW from behind). The FC responded by commanding the right motors higher. Then at about 143.995 you commanded full back throttle to abort the takeoff. But, the FC had already determined that there was a problem and had aborted the takeoff at 143.816. That's 0.1 secs before you did.

This from the eventLog stream

143.797 : 8121 [L-FDI][CTRL] tilt ctrl failed when takeoff,12.0 deg
143.797 : 8121 [L-FDI][CTRL]: fault on , takeoff_fail
143.814 : 8122 [L-FMU/MOTOR] Stop. reason:takeoff exception

Did it flip to the right - CW from behind?

Looking at this some more.. At the end of the final pulse (143.581 secs) the I2 started rolling right (CW from behind). The FC responded by commanding the right motors higher. Then at about 143.995 you commanded full back throttle to abort the takeoff. But, the FC had already determined that there was a problem and had aborted the takeoff at 143.816. That's 0.1 secs before you did.

This from the eventLog stream

143.797 : 8121 [L-FDI][CTRL] tilt ctrl failed when takeoff,12.0 deg
143.797 : 8121 [L-FDI][CTRL]: fault on , takeoff_fail
143.814 : 8122 [L-FMU/MOTOR] Stop. reason:takeoff exception

Did it flip to the right - CW from behind?
yes but I thinking to try tomorrow one more time with auto take off to see what happen.
I forgot to mention after the flips I tested the motors full throttle without propellers and I got on the screen error message Motor idling (loose or missing propeller)

yes but I thinking to try tomorrow one more time with auto take off to see what happen.
I forgot to mention after the flips I tested the motors full throttle without propellers and I got on the screen error message Motor idling (loose or missing propeller)
Not too surprising. The prop was missing.

The plot shown in post #19 is what the FC thinks is throttle data. I.e., this is the throttle data after the mode selection has been used to map stick movements.

I was going to suggest the same. Check the FC Mode setting in the GO4!! It looks like a controlls mix up up there. I fly Mode1 but most fly Mode 2. There are also 3 and 4.
The plot shown in post #19 is what the FC thinks is throttle data. I.e., this is the throttle data after the mode selection has been used to map stick movements.
Hi there yes I'm sure that I fly Mode 2 but anyway.
I go to try restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware and recalibrate the IMU, GPS, VS, controller, to see if something change after all.

Hi there,
today I have done a new test after restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware and recalibrate all sensors, this time AUTO TAKE OFF sadly the same result :(.
flipping and one more propeller broken, this time a have a video maybe can help to see the problem.
here the DAT file and video.
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-08-11_19-46-22.DAT
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-08-11_19-46-22.FLY285.DAT
I2.mov
I2Slow.mov

wondering someone can help to see the problem.

thanks
Angel

It sure looks like the motors are turning the wrong direction in your slo mo video.

EDIT: It is very hard to tell which way they are turning

Last edited:
That's very odd. But if you look at the slow mo video, for the first 1/2 second of lift off the left side clearly lifts off away from landing pad. Then it just flips. I think the motors are going in the right direction or the left side would never leave the pad and the right side would just go up and over.

It almost looks like the left motors just aren't accelerating, are they start to throttle up but at a much different rate then the right props. Have you tried going up very slowly instead of just full throttle right away. In an open area or at least with short grass, try easing the throttle up just so it barely raises off the ground, then see if it hovers.

This is either a motor issue or a flight control computer issue. Or it could be an issue with the radio as well.

That's very odd. But if you look at the slow mo video, for the first 1/2 second of lift off the left side clearly lifts off away from landing pad. Then it just flips. I think the motors are going in the right direction or the left side would never leave the pad and the right side would just go up and over.

It almost looks like the left motors just aren't accelerating, are they start to throttle up but at a much different rate then the right props. Have you tried going up very slowly instead of just full throttle right away. In an open area or at least with short grass, try easing the throttle up just so it barely raises off the ground, then see if it hovers.

This is either a motor issue or a flight control computer issue. Or it could be an issue with the radio as well.

Yes looks like a left motors aren't accelerate like the right side.
I'll see if I can try what you say "going up very slowly instead of just full throttle right away" just i need to wait for a new propellers :(
thanks

Hi there,
today I have done a new test after restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware and recalibrate all sensors, this time AUTO TAKE OFF sadly the same result :(.
flipping and one more propeller broken, this time a have a video maybe can help to see the problem.
here the DAT file and video.
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-08-11_19-46-22.DAT
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-08-11_19-46-22.FLY285.DAT
I2.mov
I2Slow.mov

wondering someone can help to see the problem.

thanks
Angel
The cause is that the X axis gyro data shows the I2 is rolling CW when it isn't actually rolling CW. This is clear from the video. The motors are then commanded to roll CCW which causes it to flip to the left. In this plot roll, gyroX and integrated gyroX all show an initial CW roll.
upload_2018-8-11_17-42-54.png

Here it can be seen that the response is to slow the left motors
upload_2018-8-11_17-43-45.png

Clearly a HW problem and needs to be sent to a repair facility.

The cause is that the X axis gyro data shows the I2 is rolling CW when it isn't actually rolling CW. This is clear from the video. The motors are then commanded to roll CCW which causes it to flip to the left. In this plot roll, gyroX and integrated gyroX all show an initial CW roll.
View attachment 21439

View attachment 21440

Hi ButWalker,
Thanks for your advice and your time.
Now its more clear with your analysis thanks just to confirm the HW problem means a "Hardware" problem just to be sure that I understand you and try to send it to repair facility asap ..

Hi ButWalker,
Thanks for your advice and your time.
Now its more clear with your analysis thanks just to confirm the HW problem means a "Hardware" problem just to be sure that I understand you and try to send it to repair facility asap ..
Yes, by HW I mean hardware.

The plot indicates that your drone needs to be repaired. I would send it in before you destroy it or cause more damage from all those uncontrolled flips.

View attachment 21439

View attachment 21440

View attachment 21439

View attachment 21440

Hi BudWalker,
First I want to thank you and all the guys who tried to help.
After all feedback from you reading the DAT files special on the last one.
I found the problem on my I2 the wires was wrong installed MY MISTAKE like a idiot :() wires from left arm on the right and right on left .
thats why flips after seconds to lift, ones the IMU start to work and send the information to balance the aircraft whit the wrong wiring was doubling the move to flips more faster instead of balance the aircraft .
this mistake was like a wrong propeller installed effect.

Im happy that cost me just a pair of propellers instead of big accident on air.
one more time thanks to all of you guys.

Best Regards,
Angel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop