Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 motor head screw loose.

Reaction score
Website
www.skywalkerair.com
I noticed that the two small screws on the top of each of my motors (quick connect mounts) were slightly loose so I tightened them back up. Should I back them back out a bit and apply some lock-tite and then then retighten them? Thanks

I noticed that the two small screws on the top of each of my motors (quick connect mounts) were slightly loose so I tightened them back up. Should I back them back out a bit and apply some lock-tite and then then retighten them? Thanks
Locktite should be applied on the end of the screw not just under the head. You need to take the screws out, apply blue Locktite on them and then put them back. They should be tightened fairly well.

Also, is it worth upgrading to carbon fiber props or just stick with the stock? Thanks so much.
Yes, if you put too much Locktite. You only need to apply a small amount and you can wipe the excess with fingers before putting the screw back in. I usually drip a small droplet on a piece of paper and only roll the end of the crew thread in that droplet.
CF props are usually quite expensive and opinions vary if it is worthy upgrade. I fly with Koptermax folding props and personally love that I do not need to worry about the prop rattling issues anymore. The T-motor props are apparently also very good option. But many would argue that thare is nothing wrong with the DJI props and that CF props are waste of money. So, I guess the jury is still out..

Yes, if you put too much Locktite. You only need to apply a small amount and you can wipe the excess with fingers before putting the screw back in. I usually drip a small droplet on a piece of paper and only roll the end of the crew thread in that droplet.
CF props are usually quite expensive and opinions vary if it is worthy upgrade. I fly with Koptermax folding props and personally love that I do not need to worry about the prop rattling issues anymore. The T-motor props are apparently also very good option. But many would argue that thare is nothing wrong with the DJI props and that CF props are waste of money. So, I guess the jury is still out..
Thank you so very much for your advice. I have utilized it and greatly appreciate it!

Also, is it worth upgrading to carbon fiber props or just stick with the stock? Thanks so much.
Regarding replacing accessories such as propellers with carbon fiber, I have the experience of buying carbon folding propellers from the T Motors brand and I was really disappointed. The reason is the high vibration that occurs as you increase the rotation speed of the propellers, the vibration was such that my Inspire 2 wants to take it off the ground. I am not aware of the experience with fixed carbon propellers but I imagine they should behave in the same way as the original DJI propellers. I recommend you consult more and advise you very well before buying, I did it but I think I need to know more opinions of the results of using that type of folding propellers in an Inspire 2. Greetings!

Reactions: skywalkerair
Regarding replacing accessories such as propellers with carbon fiber, I have the experience of buying carbon folding propellers from the T Motors brand and I was really disappointed. The reason is the high vibration that occurs as you increase the rotation speed of the propellers, the vibration was such that my Inspire 2 wants to take it off the ground. I am not aware of the experience with fixed carbon propellers but I imagine they should behave in the same way as the original DJI propellers. I recommend you consult more and advise you very well before buying, I did it but I think I need to know more opinions of the results of using that type of folding propellers in an Inspire 2. Greetings!
Thanks for the great feedback on the folding cf props Jorge. I was hoping to find a set of props that were quieter because for urban shoots it really draws a lot of attention, but it sounds like the carbon fiber props that I’ve looked at aren’t really any quieter. I use the M2P a lot more for that reason. I love the I2, just wish it was a bit quieter. Thanks again.

Thank you so very much for your advice. I have utilized it and greatly appreciate it!
You are welcome
Do you manually unfold the props with hand before spool up, so they look like analog clock's hands at 6 o'clock? Because you should! Also, maybe you need to loosen up the screws a bit. Your props might be too tight in their mounts which prevents them to extend fully when spinning. This could be cause of the vibration you are experiencing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell