Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a crashed inspire 1, when I got it I noticed that the whole frame was warped and it struggled with lifting / lowering the landing gear (it also won't stop when it hit the travel limit of the screw). I could rock it sideways with some of the feet being lifted up to about 2-3 cm above the ground. I took apart the whole drone and put it back together, and now it is as stable as new, but I still have problems with the landing gear, does anyone of you know what it could be?
Also, the X3 gimbal housing is also completely trashed as you can see, does anyone know where it can be bought for cheap? I think the cameras and gimbal itself is working (The YAW motor is also probably a bit bent because it has a lot of resistance, but I'll just try to med it back), but I cant test it because the ribbon going through it was also snapped, but I have purchased a new and that's on its way. If it's not possible to get a new housing for cheap I'll just need to start 3D modeling a new one and print, or just fly with all of the camera and PCB's exposed.
The drone also wont connect to the dji go app, will this be resolved once I get the camera back on it?

Edit: I found the problem, the pinion on the motor inside of the "servo" that lifts the landing gear is completely loose and slips on the motor shaft. I'll try to fasten it on the axel again, if anyone have tips for some good adhesive for the task I'll gladly hear it. :)

Attachments

• 1663408950754.jpg
    1663408950754.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi, I recently purchased a crashed inspire 1, when I got it I noticed that the whole frame was warped and it struggled with lifting / lowering the landing gear (it also won't stop when it hit the travel limit of the screw). I could rock it sideways with some of the feet being lifted up to about 2-3 cm above the ground. I took apart the whole drone and put it back together, and now it is as stable as new, but I still have problems with the landing gear, does anyone of you know what it could be?
Also, the X3 gimbal housing is also completely trashed as you can see, does anyone know where it can be bought for cheap? I think the cameras and gimbal itself is working (The YAW motor is also probably a bit bent because it has a lot of resistance, but I'll just try to med it back), but I cant test it because the ribbon going through it was also snapped, but I have purchased a new and that's on its way. If it's not possible to get a new housing for cheap I'll just need to start 3D modeling a new one and print, or just fly with all of the camera and PCB's exposed.
The drone also wont connect to the dji go app, will this be resolved once I get the camera back on it?

Edit: I found the problem, the pinion on the motor inside of the "servo" that lifts the landing gear is completely loose and slips on the motor shaft. I'll try to fasten it on the axel again, if anyone have tips for some good adhesive for the task I'll gladly hear it. :)
I would 100% recommend that you get in touch with DJI to at least get a repair estimate. It may not be 'cheap', depending on exactly what's broken, but you will wind up with a good-as-new (and maybe even actually new) Inspire 1.

I would 100% recommend that you get in touch with DJI to at least get a repair estimate. It may not be 'cheap', depending on exactly what's broken, but you will wind up with a good-as-new (and maybe even actually new) Inspire 1.
Hi, thanks for the tip, but I have taken it apart again, and I found the pinion for the landing gear riser motor to be cracked, probably due to the impact of the crash. I have tried gluing it with some super glue, and it seems to hold up, if it doesn't, I'll look in to buying a new pinion to press fit on to the motor axle or buy a new copy of the unit.
Also for the gimbal I have already bought a ne ribbon cable, but I have also noticed that the yaw motor mount is also bent, I'll try bending it back or buying a new one.
Other than that I should have managed to fix the rest of my problems with the drone itself, but I still have some connection issues with my phone.
The reason I'm doing this myself and not sending it to DJI is because I'm able to do it myself and save some time and money, it looks like I am able to fix it for around 50-100 USD in parts, and DJI would probably take at least that just for looking at the drone.
If I'm able to fix it for that price it would be 100 USD in parts and 150 USD for the drone itself, and I don't thing 250 USD is that bad for an inspire 1 with a X3 gimbal. It's not the cheapest, but I still think its a good price even though I recently purchased an inspire 1 pro with a X5 gimbal, 2 remotes, 3 batteries (1 TB47 and 2 TB48), a charger along with a hub + a battery warmer and a backpack for 350 USD.
I do appreciate the tip, but I'm not going to do it, I don't see how it's worth the time or money when I can do it myself in a couple of weeks and for the cost of the shipping alone probably (I live in Norway).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell