Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 X5S Issues

Reaction score
So this has happened twice recently so I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or an issue with my X5S.

I fly a construction site every Friday so, when I get onsite, I fly a map mission first using my X4S and DroneDeploy. After the missing finishes, I land, press the power button with one short and one long press to power down, change the batteries and replace the X4S with my X5S to shoot video and stills. When I power up, I get image errors, saying no image transmission or weak image transmission and the only video I get is from the POV camera. I've tried rebooting the drone, controller, and app, but no joy. If I replace the X5S and put the X4S back on, everything works fine. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong when I change gimbals or is this a hardware issue. I'm going to take the drone out tomorrow to fly with the X5S by itself to see if I still get the same errors.

Any thoughts?

So this has happened twice recently so I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or an issue with my X5S.

I fly a construction site every Friday so, when I get onsite, I fly a map mission first using my X4S and DroneDeploy. After the missing finishes, I land, press the power button with one short and one long press to power down, change the batteries and replace the X4S with my X5S to shoot video and stills. When I power up, I get image errors, saying no image transmission or weak image transmission and the only video I get is from the POV camera. I've tried rebooting the drone, controller, and app, but no joy. If I replace the X5S and put the X4S back on, everything works fine. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong when I change gimbals or is this a hardware issue. I'm going to take the drone out tomorrow to fly with the X5S by itself to see if I still get the same errors.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Hello…! What you say is very strange. Each camera needs a firmware, which I imagine you must have installed on the Inspire2 so that it recognizes the cameras, especially the X5S, at least that's how it happened to me when I first installed the X5S camera, after that you should be able to install both cameras alternately no problem. Now if you actually have the X5S firmware installed on the drone, you could check and reinstall the firmware and see what happens. The other thing is to check the camera gimbal contacts and clean them with a dedicated contact cleaner. What are you using to store the photos or videos? If you are using microSD I suggest you change the memory and try, if you are using SSD disk, if you have another one, change it and try. On one occasion it happened to me with a 128 GB Lexar micro SD, which my Inspire2 did not recognize when using my X5S, it did not show me an image on the Cristal Sky screen, only the image from the Inspire2 FPV camera, I changed it for one 128GB SAN Disk Extreme Pro and fix the problem. I hope you resolve your problem. Greetings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207