Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If I have a Phantom 4 Pro, do I "need" an Inspire 1?

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I have a Phantom 4 Pro that I use primarily to do real estate videos. For all intents and purposes, it works fine - I know how to use it and get good results from it for most of my applications.

However, a colleague recently offered to sell me his Inspire 1 for $1,000 with 2 batteries. He bought it a year ago with the intent of getting into the biz but never did. That's a pretty sweet deal for an X3 with 2 batteries and case.

Problem is, do I really need an Inspire? Sure I want an Inspire because they look cool. But is the technology difference and photo quality between an Inspire 1 and a P4 Pro so small now that it isn't worth it?

I like mine, I waited until now to get one as there are a lot of good deals for those that have to have the latest and greatest.

I may be wrong but I believe that the P4P camera has a higher pixel count than the original Inspire 1 X3 camera. The exposure latitude on the P4P is certainly higher (=better) than on the original Inspire 1. The flight time is longer on the P4P. The multitude of proximity sensors on the P4P would be extremely beneficial for you real estate work - there aren't any on the Inspire 1. Seems a no-brainer to me! No you don't need an Inspire 1! However an Inspire 2 .............

Unless you really want to impress your clients with Inspire's sexy look and behavior, I agree ... Stay with P4P!

Hello friends,

I have a Phantom 4 Pro that I use primarily to do real estate videos. For all intents and purposes, it works fine - I know how to use it and get good results from it for most of my applications.

However, a colleague recently offered to sell me his Inspire 1 for $1,000 with 2 batteries. He bought it a year ago with the intent of getting into the biz but never did. That's a pretty sweet deal for an X3 with 2 batteries and case.

Problem is, do I really need an Inspire? Sure I want an Inspire because they look cool. But is the technology difference and photo quality between an Inspire 1 and a P4 Pro so small now that it isn't worth it?

probably not with and x3, x5 would in most cases be better given the micro four thirds sensor, but some have debated that given the p4p has a higher bit rate for video 100mbs vs 60mbs on the x5, but the larger sensor and interchangeable lens is very appealing. for stills the x5 is better than p4 because of the larger sensor. i1 w/x5r would be better than a p4p since it can shoot raw 4k video, the i2 with x5s is the best out there if you want to empty your wallet, i was debating the same question and decided to go with the i2 with x5s, i purchased from florida drone supply and they were super helpful even though i was constantly pestering them about the purchase!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873