Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Image Breakup When Flying on Crystal Sky Really Annoying!

Reaction score
Website
atortphotography.com
I just had DJI Arizona install a 4Hawks antenna on my Inspire 2 standard remote and not sure why but I am getting lots of image breakup on my crystal sky and people are saying it's from the antenna. Obviously I would have thought would have been better with the antenna mod but not sure what is going on. Do you have any input or suggestions on what to do to get a clearer image on my crystal sky when flying? It's extremely frustrating flying a $10k drone capable of SO much and barely being able to see what you are composing or getting when shooting. Thank you.

You say it like you have problem with the crystal sky itself? Did you tried another device, phone or tablet? If the image breakup is persistent on other devices then it's a radio signal issue.
I also have the 4hawks patch antenna but I'm using it rarely because it's more directional than the standard omnidirectional antennas.

You say it like you have problem with the crystal sky itself? Did you tried another device, phone or tablet? If the image breakup is persistent on other devices then it's a radio signal issue.
I also have the 4hawks patch antenna but I'm using it rarely because it's more directional than the standard omnidirectional antennas.
No I’m trying my iPhone 12 Pro Max tomorrow to see what happens. This is all pretty new to me and also just realized that antenna is directional so not omnidirectional creating more of a bubble which probably will help me in city flights. I have been hearing many stay clear of the crystal sky too because of the Android 6 thing and issues like I’m experiencing so curious to see why the iPhone will do. I really wish the crystal sky was rock solid because it’s an awesome display but it’s not at all for me. Thanks

I'll second what Niki says. You need to isolate the problem down to either the RF or the Crystal Sky itself. I'll also second his advice regarding direction. Yes, that set up is more directional. The 2Hawks antenna should have specifications on how wide (horizontal) and tall (vertical) the signal is. I use a pair of cheap, passive directional antennas and get a solid 25% increase in signal strength. The caveat is that they must be aimed toward the drone.

1631891960868.png

D

I just had DJI Arizona install a 4Hawks antenna on my Inspire 2 standard remote and not sure why but I am getting lots of image breakup on my crystal sky and people are saying it's from the antenna. Obviously I would have thought would have been better with the antenna mod but not sure what is going on. Do you have any input or suggestions on what to do to get a clearer image on my crystal sky when flying? It's extremely frustrating flying a $10k drone capable of SO much and barely being able to see what you are composing or getting when shooting. Thank you.
Hello, I suggest you try another connection cable between the RC and the SC, perhaps the cable at the base of the Cristal Sky is damaged ... or also as other forum members suggest, that you use another device so that you can see how it is the image signal. Will the antenna have been installed correctly? .. because it is strange since that antenna achieves or improves the reception of the drone signal, in long distances ... luck ..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84