Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Importance of a towel - Even if you aren't a HG2G fan.

Reaction score
I've been looking for an explanation of exactly what roles the various electronic components play in our Inspires, and I ran across this safety tip after a crash. (It is #9, but the whole page is pretty good.)

"The first thing to do is throw a towel over your copters propellers (Propellers may start spinning unexpectedly)."

Seems like a good idea. This is the page:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/introduction/safety-multicopter/

HG2G is a reference to Douglas Adams series of satirical novels from the 80's "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"

"The first thing to do is throw a towel over your copters propellers (Propellers may start spinning unexpectedly)."
I think the main point to make is that author is talking about custom built copters with wires for connecting to batteries and other things. The Inspire 1 is different beast with easy access (unless inverted) to the battery power switch clear on the blades.

A fire blanket in case the Lipos are damaged is probably a better idea.

I'm imagining a situation where after a crash there might still be a call for power, but a fractured wire so the motors aren't turning, you pick up the broken chassis and a connection is made, and bam, your holding a hand full of spinning broken props. (Not for long though I bet.) But 1st step is definitely disconnect the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry